Bleach: New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New Horizons has moved! Please join us at Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade!
Staff

Top posters
SerenityVerdant
A Woman Worth Saving [Private] Vote_lcapA Woman Worth Saving [Private] Voting_barA Woman Worth Saving [Private] Vote_rcap 
Tsubine
A Woman Worth Saving [Private] Vote_lcapA Woman Worth Saving [Private] Voting_barA Woman Worth Saving [Private] Vote_rcap 
Skididdlypop
Dai
Silim
Fuji Ren
Yuri
Genpaku
JJ
Ravana
Latest topics
» A New Change
A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:57 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Site Poll
A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:56 pm by Tsubine

» Problems
A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 3:41 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Captain of Division 8 (Completed)
A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 7:24 pm by Skididdlypop

» An era of change for the Sugiura~@
A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 9:37 am by Skididdlypop

» Official New Horizon Dungeons & Dragons group!
A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 8:45 pm by Nikana

» Maximillian Jürgen-Haaz
A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:04 am by Dai

» Hello Everyone!
A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:33 am by Tsubine

» Dai's Claims
A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:15 pm by Dai

Quick Links
Rules
The Storyline
Face Claim List
Application Checklist
State of the World
Canon Character Info
Tier List
SPC Information
Race Information
Human Information
Sōnansha Information
Sugiura Information
Templates
Arrancar Template
Human Templates
Quincy Template
Shinigami Template
Sōnansha Templates
Sugiura Templates
Vizard Template
Equipment Template
Organizations
Alpha Protocol
Espada
Gotei 13
Hephaestus Academy
Sugiura Kingdom
Vizard Squadron
Sub-Organizations
Statistics
We have 71 registered users
The newest registered user is Nikana

Our users have posted a total of 4318 messages in 694 subjects
Affiliates

Deus Mortuus, an RPG based around demonology.

A Woman Worth Saving [Private]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dai
The Truth in Blue
Dai

A Woman Worth Saving [Private] Empty
PostSubject: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 11:52 am

FOR PLOT REASONS: This thread is taking place at the same time as Tokyo Jihen. As a result, anybody who is in that thread cannot join this one (Sorry Genpaku ♥). I will allow one character per player--and only from the Gotei 13 (Sorry Tsubine ♥). Maximum of five characters involved (including Sascha, therefore four more at max). For context, read An Experiment in Solidarity.
A Woman Worth Saving [Private] 212zdkw
"What?!" The woman's eye glazed over slightly as she attempted to make sense of the piece of paper being held delicately in her fingers. She had allowed the young Third Seat into her office under the stipulation that he told no-one of what he had seen, and it was a good thing she had--she felt like if she wasn't sitting down, she would have quickly fallen onto her arse. She read over the paper once more, before looking up at the male and sneering, "Are you sure this is real? Are you fucking sure?!" The male winced, "Yes, well at least I believe so. I do not know why it would be in my possession were it not." She growled and grimaced, slamming the sheet of paper down upon the table and sighing, running her free hand through her hair. It was not every day that you had a Third Seat asking specifically for the Captain, bringing in a letter like this. Frankly, it was preposterous; something that Sascha would only see in fucking novels. But no, it was apparently real. "God-fucking-damnit, Ito. What happened last night?" He shook his head in reply, explaining that he only recalled drinking with Kaminari, nothing more. "You fucking dolt. Why would you let a drunk girl walk home alone?" He frowned as his shoulders dropped, expression lowering to the ground, "I was drunk, not thinking straight. And she's a Captain, y'know? I thoug--" He winced as she threw a punch past his face, hitting the air behind him. "You thought what? That despite the fact that she was off her face, you figured that even a CAPTAIN would be fine? No. She was a wom--is a woman. Even if this woman is the fucking Captain-Commander, you take her home, you piece of shit." She could see that he was sorry in his eyes, but it wasn't fucking ENOUGH. He DESERVED this rage that she was giving him.

Turning back to the desk, she placed her hands on the wooden surface and growled deeply, taking in the message in its entirety. She attempted to get it down in her mind, making sure she understood exactly what this thing entailed.

Dear Captain Koenig,

If you are reading this, then it is up to you to know that we have kidnapped Captain Hatakeyama and taken her away to Hueco Mundo. This is a fact.

This is undeniable.

There is no getting around this.

We will be keeping this woman for as long as it takes for you to fulfil our request.

While it may seem like a lot, what we want from you is actually quite simple. I want Daigoro Ito. I don't care if he is cuffed, gagged, or tied up in bondage gear (though the third would be nice). What I want is Daigoro Ito, alive and in the flesh. Any less than that and we will send you Captain Hatakeyama back anyway, piece by piece, until we receive exactly what we want.

We know that you have the technology to use the Senkaimon to get to Hueco Mundo--something we attest to the power of your Kidō Corps Commander. Use it, and go to this location. Once there, we will ascertain that you have the person we want and allow you into our sanctum.

Do not be late.

Lasciel ♥

The name was signed with a large flourish and a small heart, and a small map of landmarks was scrawled onto the bottom of the sheet. Sascha scowled deeply and stood up straight, staring at Daigoro with daggers in her eye. "So, what do we do?" The man stuttered a little bit, "It's obvious, isn't it? We go. I need to be exchanged--my life is not worth that of a Captain's!" Sascha recalled the relationship between the two and shook her head, "Why not?" She sighed, thinking over how she could reply to this, "It would be playing into their hands. We need to assemble a strike force. Small enough to go undetected, but large enough to be a reckoning to this Arrancar shlampe. You need to return to your barracks and stay safe. Maybe get that Midori girl to come in, she seems nice enough to keep you company." Sascha gave a knowing grin as the redheaded Third Seat grumbled, shook his head and left the office.

After several minutes, Hell Butterflies were dispatched to the currently-available highest-ranking member of each Division, asking for reinforcements. She assumed that there would be a good amount of calling in, but she only wanted certain people--for one, Hagiwara and Makabe, Kaminari's third-and-second-seats respectively, would jump at the chance. While possible liabilities like Ito, she needed people who cared enough about Kaminari to basically invade Hueco Mundo at the drop of a hat. Once the message was given and the butterflies were sent off, Sascha herself grabbed the letter from the table and made the necessary jumps to get to where she needed to be...

The Senkaimon.

Last edited by Dai on Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Silim

Silim

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 2:12 pm

[Toja Hagiwara]

A black shadow flew in through the window, carrying a message with terrifying news. A bigger black shadow stormed out of the door, with a sword on his side and eyes set towards his only goal.

"Once, you saved me from myself."

The worst possible thing had happened. His most important person, stolen away by the enemy... Never before had the small black shadow felt such intense anger and worry at the same time. For the first time ever, he loved someone - for the first time ever, someone he loved was abducted.

"Now, I shall save you."

Dust got kicked up into the air as Toja arrived at the Senkaimon. From the look of things, he was the second person here - some staff that were scrambling to get the gate ready nonwithstanding. Of course, the first person here was Sascha Koenig. And she was certainly not who Toja expected - his drinking buddy from a few days - or had it been weeks? - ago. Time was relative right now - he had not even settled into the new power he unlocked when this message arrived.
The blonde Shinigami clad in black straightened out his clothes before stepping before Koenig, giving her a small salute and grim smile. He remembered Kaminari's words - Koenig knew that someone in the fifth squad held the power of a Hollow hidden within them, but she did not know who it was. Well, not until right now, at least...
"Koenig-taicho, I'm ready for the rescue operation, and I'm coming along, if you want me or not. Nice meeting you again, by the way." Rank be damned, Toja would NOT leave the rescue of his captain up to only others. He would play an integral part into this story... And if it killed him, then so be it. And he knew that he wasn't the only one here who would die for Kaminari, if need be... For Sascha's 'girl troubles' were clearly aimed at Kaminari as well. Toja lowered his voice, and spoke again, so that nobody but Sascha could hear him right now...

"I'll do ANYTHING I have to. That includes letting out the other half of myself, and I think you know what I mean with that... Kaminari talked about it with you, after all. And I do not give a flying toss about what happens to me, but get her home safe, no matter how letting that... thing... out goes for me, alright? If anyone is worth risking a fate worse than death for, it's her."
Standing up straight again, the blue eyes of the small Shinigami had the light of fierce determination within them. With a louder voice, he said: "Now, what's the plan - covert ops? Distractions? Going in flames blazing?"
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 8:24 pm

A Woman Worth Saving [Private] Iadq
"Today is getting to be interesting, and not in the good way," thought a particular redhaired vice-captain as he practically flew along the rooftops of the Seireitei.  His thoughts were grim, as was fitting for a day that was going to go down a history defining.
"No day when you don't get to sit around and sleep is a good day as far as you're concerned," a voice quipped; her voice was clipped and cool, which gave away that she was nervous.  She was trying to joke with him; that showed she was very nervous.
"You know what I mean.  There is gonna be fallout from this once the Commander gets back.  Him and the Fifth Division Captain are close friends,"

It hit him then that he was probably one of the few in Soul Society that knew that the Captain Commander wasn't in residence.  He'd gone out cause of trouble in the real world from what his second in command had said, which was what had brought Joshua to this point in time, running to the Senkaimon to meet up for what may amount to a suicide mission into enemy territory.  He sped up, a wry smirk crossing his features.

"Like hell it'll be."

He pulled up short as he arrived, reaching up absentmindedly to stop his hat from continuing his forward motion.  He looked at the people assembled; as expected, it was a skeleton crew.  Probably for the best; if you wanted to go in with force you'd just go yell at the Eleventh Division after all.  Joshua shot a smile to the other two.
"Looks like I'm the one rounding out your little group here, Captain Koenig.  Filling in for the First Division Lieutenant who figures she better stay around here to help deal with the Commander once he gets back from starting a war in Tokyo with arrancar or something," Joshua said, his tone laid back and almost joking.  Almost; there was a hard edge to his words, the metal frame to a down bed.  He'd be lying if he said Mikadzuki was the only one of them nervous.

That said, you don't leave people behind.  Even if you don't really know them.  Joshua was dressed as he always was; his coat and hat with his blade at his side.  He gave a proud, fierce little smile to the pair of them.

"We waiting for a storm to blow in or are we getting this show on the road?"
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 8:25 pm

A Woman Worth Saving [Private] Header6_zps0118db95

The entire night had been pretty fun, unexpected, and exciting. All she wanted was a drink, but she got a kiss and a fight out of it. It was too bad that night wouldn't end very well. Passing out in the middle of Rukongai was probably the worst mistake Kaminari could have made, as if she really had a choice. Snatched up and taken to Hueco Mundo in her drunken state, the young woman was completely unaware of the current danger she was in. Four hours since her kidnapping, before anyone in the Seireitei was even aware of this, Kaminari awoke in the most uncomfortable position one could sleep in. Her entire body was hanging forward, pulling harshly on her wrists. She had been like that for hours, causing the shackles that kept her stuck to the wall and hanging there to dig grooves into her wrists, letting a tiny bit of blood trickle from the beginning of what was probably going to turn out to be an infected cut.

As she woke, Kaminari forced her eyes open to nothing but darkness. She didn't move. Her body was tense, stuck in the position it had been in for so long. Glancing around the dark room, Kaminari forced her body to move. Her attention was caught by the clanking of metal. She pulled her arms a bit, wincing at the shackles being forced deeper into her wrists. She stopped that and pushed her body up, feeling her back crack multiple times as she straightened out her strained spine. Tilting her head to the side, she attempted to do the same to her neck, but was stopped by a thick piece of metal. She was shackled there as well. Moving around until she was sitting with her back against the wall, she realized that both her wrists, both her ankles, and her neck were all being held in shackles. They were heavy, but she recognized the make. “Soul Shackles?” she thought. What could she have done to get arrested?

“Hello?” she called out once, but immediately regretted it. This was not the jail within the Seireitei. Where the hell was she? She looked around at her surroundings when her eyes finally adjusted enough to make out a few things. She was indeed behind bars, but nothing else was in this room. At that, the walls seemed to be rough and jagged, like the inside of a cave. “This can't be happening...” she mumbled. A light suddenly flickered on and her attention shot toward a young woman that she instantly recognized. “Sorry to disappoint you, darling, but this is definitely happening.” the woman spoke in her disgustingly seductive tone, “Sleep well?” What was the point in answering such a stupid question? Kaminari just watched the woman unlock and enter her cage. “What? Do you not want to talk?” the woman spoke condescendingly and Kaminari only chose to scoff as her reply, “Well you're no fun.”

“What am I doing here?” Kaminari asked, demanding an answer. “I guess there's no harm in telling you.” the woman knelt down in front of her, taking her finger and tracing Kaminari's jawline, “I want your little friend, the redhead. If he comes to me like I ask, then I'll set you free.” Okay, so Kaminari was a hostage, got it. “If he comes to you, I'll kick his ass myself.” Kaminari told her and she laughed obnoxiously. “I don't think you'll have the strength to do that, dear.” she said right as two men stepped into the cage behind her. “You see, my friends Lace and Bru like you a little more than I thought they would, so they wanted me to ask if you'd be willing to... have a little fun?” Lasciel smiled at her. Kaminari looked away from Lasciel and toward the other two. The way they were looking at her was disturbing. Giving them a look of complete disgust in return, Kaminari scoffed again, “Stay the hell away from me.”

“If that is your answer.” Lasciel smiled even bigger, “Are you sure?” Kaminari only glared at her. There was no need to answer her this time either; she wasn't going to change her mind on something so stupidly obvious. “Okay then!” Lasciel suddenly brought up a dagger and stabbed it into Kaminari's right shoulder. Kaminari instinctively pushed herself back away from the Arrancar and into the wall behind her, wincing and gritting her teeth at the pain. Refusing to scream, Kaminari looked up to her with determination in her eyes. “Still don't want to play?” Lasciel asked and Kaminari butted her head off of Lasciels in retaliation. The female Arrancar winced a little and then pulled the dagger that still impaled Kaminari's shoulder down until it reached the top of her right breast. She wiggled the dagger around to cause more pain, but Kaminari only winced, gritting her teeth more, and groaning just a little.

“Fine then.” Lasciel stood and waved to the other two, “Just be careful with her. We need her in one piece when Daigoro arrives to save his best friend.” Lasciel stood and pulled the dagger from Kaminari's chest. Kaminari fell back into the wall in slight relief as she watched Lasciel walking out of the room, but the tension returned the moment her friends turned back to her. Breathing heavily, she took in a deep breath and sighed. “So what is this game you guys are wanting to play?” she asked as if she really had to guess. The two of them looked to each other and then pulled out weapons of there own. These two were sadistic; she could tell by the smirks on their faces. They pulled out serrated daggers of their own, a whip, and rope. Feeling her heart skip a beat, the two of them stepped toward her and Kaminari's eyes flickered with fear as she pressed herself against the jagged wall of her cage.

Last edited by SerenityVerdant on Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dai
The Truth in Blue
Dai

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyTue Aug 26, 2014 10:50 pm

A Woman Worth Saving [Private] Xe3jw6
"Koenig-taicho, I'm ready for the rescue operation, and I'm coming along, if you want me or not. Nice meeting you again, by the way." She turned around to see the young Shinigami looking up at her with a determination in his eyes that she appreciated. It was going to be good to have someone this involved in Kaminari's life coming with her--even if it seemed like a conflict of interest, it was best that they had her closest friends here. Save for Ito. He needed to be in the Soul Society, where it was safe. She would kick his ass if the thought of coming to Hueco Mundo even brushed up against his mind seductively. "Good to see you too, Hagiwara. Glad you got the message." She sighed softly, brushing some hair off of her face and looking towards the Senkaimon. "I'll do ANYTHING I have to," She jumped a bit, turning to see Toja leaning in closer to her, whispering something into her ear, "That includes letting out the other half of myself, and I think you know what I mean with that... Kaminari talked about it with you, after all. And I do not give a flying toss about what happens to me, but get her home safe, no matter how letting that... thing... out goes for me, alright?" She frowned slightly, leaning away from him and nodding silently. "Now, what's the plan - covert ops? Distractions? Going in flames blazing?" She grinned and waggled a finger. "All in time, my friend. All in time."

Another voice piqued her interest, and she turned to see a man approaching--red hair that almost made her instinctively want to punch Ito, but something of a different demeanor. "Looks like I'm the one rounding out your little group here, Captain Koenig.  Filling in for the First Division Lieutenant who figures she better stay around here to help deal with the Commander once he gets back from starting a war in Tokyo with arrancar or something," She sighed softly and placed her hands on her hips, watching his expression to see if there was anything joking there. No, there was a very hard edge. That was a problem. When somebody had mentioned Arrancar attacking Tokyo, Genpaku had basically shot out of the Seireitei like a rocket. Even Foiche was just like "Let him be." No arguin' with that. "We waiting for a storm to blow in or are we getting this show on the road?" She nodded and turned to the Senkaimon, stretching her body a bit. "Foiche. Leave it up for the next few people to be making their way through. I'm expecting one or two more parties." Solas nodded, continuing to order her men to keep the ways open. Sascha nodded back, beckoning for the rest to follow her. "Captain Kotobuki will be behind us--he had something he needed to gather. For now, it is just us. I will further brief you all once we reach Hueco Mundo. For now, we move!" Turning and entering into the Senkaimon, Sascha lead her team through the Dangai and into the Hollow Dimension, not knowing what to expect at all...
Back to top Go down
Silim

Silim

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyThu Aug 28, 2014 5:45 pm

[Toja Hagiwara]
Wait, the Captain-Commander wasn't in the Gotei? Great... Most people knew that he and Kaminari were at the very least friends, a bit closer than normal Captains and their boss. And of course, it was no secret that the Captain-Commander was the strongest Shinigami within the Gotei 13 - his help during this rescue operation would've made it all a lot easier. But both Toja and Sascha were probably ready to fight the entirety of Hueco Mundo alone to save Kaminari - so there was no reason to cry about help they wouldn't be getting.

His sole gesture towards the third addition to the rescue operation was an acknowledging nod, but his face was seemingly frozen in absolute seriousness, while his eyes burned with the flames of hatred, anger... and fear, fear for Kaminari. As Sascha gave the order, Toja was right behind her, dashing into the Senkaimon and towards the unknown. Perhaps this was the last time any of them saw the Gotei - the chance of death was quite high within Hueco Mundo.

The path through the in-between of dimensions was still as creepy as ever, too. Toja had never been a fan of this place - perhaps his mind was playing tricks on him, but right now, with Kaminari in deadly danger and with his own mind so focused on that fact, this place and that feeling combined into an overwhelming sense of dread and fear. Not about himself, of course, only about her... What would he do if he'd never get a chance to tell Kaminari how he felt? What if the enemy had not captured her, but instead instantly killed her? But no, he should NEVER think that way - and also, he was certain his captain still lived. If something had managed to kill her, then he would've felt SOMETHING for sure... But he also had not felt the danger directed towards her. Quite simply, Toja's mind was ready to explode from worry, but he had to stay focused and ready - to calm himself, he internally recited numerous Kidō-incantations and the basics of the Kidō without any incantations, such as simple barriers and healing. Perhaps he'd need both of those skills before the day was over - hell, perhaps he'd even have to use a Sealing Kidō, although he doubted he'd have the time to prepare one of those out in the field during this rescue operation.

The end of the tunnel became visible now. Not a light to be seen at the end of it, though - no surprise there, Hueco Mundo wasn't known for having bright daylight. Not that Toja would have any personal experience with that - he never entered the world of the Hollows, not during or after the war that Aizen caused roughly a century ago. While thinking about that, Toja sent a silent prayer to a Soul King he had never believed in to give his blade a flame as strong and as unwavering as that of the late Captain-Commander, and if only for today.
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 2:40 am

His entrance having been made, and information given, Captain Koenig seemed to decide it was time to get going.  Maybe Joshua's gibe had pushed that a little, maybe not.  Frankly, it didn't matter one way or another.  As the other two took off through the portal Joshua started to follow.  He wasn't worried about keeping up with them; despite his sedintary habits Joshua was probably one of the fastest Vice Captains when he decided to get moving.  There was another person present though; the one who was calibrating the Senkaimon to make sure this little party got to where it was supposed to be going and, theoretically, get back as well.  Joshua only had the barest idea of who she was, but all the rumors fit the right places.  He gave a smile to Solas Foiche, the head of the Kidō Corps, and paused for the barest of moments.
"Thanks for getting us there," he said, then he was gone.

Under more normal circumstances Joshua may have flirted with the pretty woman he had just passed.  Higher rank didn't really factor into Joshua's flirty mindset, so it wasn't that which stopped him.  The simple reason was that Joshua was focused.  He didn't know the captain of the Fifth Division, sure.  He had never shared drinks with her, never had a conversation.  Maybe he had said hello in passing once or twice.  So why would he be so focused?  Someone was in the jaws of monsters; it didn't matter who they were at the end of the day.  Joshua wasn't the type to sit around when someone was in trouble.

He landed in the Dangai and shot forward an immense speed; he closed the distance back to the other two before they'd have had much time for alarm at his apparent dissappearance.  He slowed then, falling into pace with them.  The Dangai realm was as off putting as ever, meaning that Joshua barely took notice of it.  In a sense, it was also strangely peaceful.  There wasn't much noise here, much action.  If it wasn't, you know, stupidly dangerous and almost certaily leathal it would make a great place to nap. Who'd actually want to come looking for you in a place like this?

The end of the tunnel came into view and the three Shinigami arrived in the land of the Hollows.  Joshua looked around as Hueco Mundo rolled out around them, and a smile blossomed across his features.  If you knew Joshua, you'd know why; this place reminded him of 'home' in a sense.  Most of his time in life had been spent among sand dunes and small towns.  To see an endless desert of white sand was almost like a homecoming to the redheaded Vice Captain.  He scanned the area around them; both to take in the sight that strangely put him at ease and in case anything was waiting for them.  Then he turned his eyes to Captain Koenig, waiting to hear the plan.

There was a plan....right?
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 2:17 pm

“If we kill her, the Mistress will become very angry with us.” the younger Arrancar, Lace, spoke from outside Kaminari's cage. He had long black hair that reached down to his waist. He walked around slightly hunched over, as if he received an injury to his back in the years passed. His eyes were red, wide, and piercing. He wasn't very intimidating. His scrawny figure made it so, but those eyes made Kaminari wonder how much of him was in control. He could snap at any moment and that is what worried her. Truthfully, she'd wonder who his target would be if he did snap.

“Well stop cutting so deep. The deeper you cut, the more blood she loses.” The older Arrancar, Bru, stood outside of the cage with his unpredictable friend. He was a little taller than the younger, but that could be because he wasn't hunched over like some sort of freak. He was larger, built like a brick house. His hair was brown and on the shorter side. His eyes were black, normal, but full of hatred when he looked at Kaminari. He was the one in control of his younger friend, at least for now. Every now and then, you could tell he wasn't so sure what Lace was going to do.

“She won't scream!” Lace yelled, his high pitched voice screeching through both Bru and Kaminari's ears. “She's a tough one, you gotta give her that.” Bru crossed his arms and looked down at Kaminari. “Make her scream, Bru. Make her scream. I wanna hear it. I need to hear it.” the unstable Lace grabbed onto the bars of Kaminari's cage, shaking them like a child that wasn't getting his treat. The rattling sound of the shaking bars was not something Kaminari needed to hear right now. It was way too loud, but she chose to ignore the annoying sound anyway.

“No. We need to give her a break.” Bru told Lace. “What?!” Lace replied in shock and anger. “It's as you said, if we kill her the Mistress will get angry. Do you want to deal with that fallout of that?” Bru raised an eyebrow at Lace. He looked frightened. He glanced over to Kaminari and then back to Bru only to shake his head. “Exactly.” he said and the both of them stepped out of the room, closing a large wooden door behind them. Kaminari waited for the sound of the lock turning. Once it came, she fell forward. She let everything go all at once and just fell.

Kaminari gasped air in. It was difficult to catch her breath. Her chest felt heavy. The one torch in the room created just enough light to allow Kaminari to see what had been done to her. The damage was surprising. How much time passed? At this moment, it was only eight hours since she and Dai had separated in the Rukongai and she was just as clueless about the time as the Seireitei was clueless about her kidnapping. They would come though; she believed in that, at least she was trying to. The pain she felt was clouding her thoughts and all was becoming hopeless.

Kaminari's body was covered in bruises and lacerations. Blood dropped from practically every wound she had. She spit some blood off to the side and took in a deep breath. With the pain she felt in her chest, she had to wonder whether they had pierced a lung. No, they never stabbed her, only cut. Right? She was so confused on how much time had passed, how could she think she might remember everything that had happened? She struggled to move, but she needed to be in a more comfortable position. Sitting on your knees in this situation was not the best idea.

Once she felt as relaxed as she possibly could feel, Kaminari laid her head back against the rough rock wall behind her. Her arms still hung from the chains that held her there and the one around her neck forced her head to stay up, but even with all of this she was able to find some comfort. She tried to stay awake, fearful of what would happen if she fell asleep and Lace and Bru chose to return. Even with this on her mind, the loss of blood caused her vision to blur. A she blinked to clear her vision, each closing of the eyes made it harder to open them. Soon, she fell asleep...
Back to top Go down
Dai
The Truth in Blue
Dai

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 5:43 am

She shivered, breaking through the barrier into the straight hybrid of darkness and light that was the landscape of Hueco Mundo. Her feet touched upon the sandy earth, and she let out a long breath of air and stretched her arms out as her party followed on behind. She took a look to the side, tapping her chin and breathing out again, shaking her head. Wasn't this great? This was, apparently, near where they needed to be--but for some unknown reason, there was no presence to speak of. She did the mental math and tried to make sure that they were in the correct location, but it didn't seem to be as such. "Bah." Turning around, she watched the Shinigami make their way through the gate and land before her, making sure that she had counted the correct number of heads. The tallest one hadn't arrived, but that was a given--he'd be here on his own time. Instead, she would step back and crick her neck, adjusting her stance a few times as she watched the last of the people step into the area. She spoke, loud enough for those in her vicinity to hear.

"Right now, we are in a place of worry," she began, "Last night, a woman was kidnapped. This woman was unknown to some of you, a Captain to others, and a Friend to the rest of us," she lowered her gaze towards Toja on the word 'friend', "But we can't think about that right now. For all we know, she could be laying on the ground dying. She may already be dead. That is not a possibility that any of us wish to consider, but it is still a possibility. Right now, we are invading enemy territory--to some, this may be seen as a declaration of war upon the Hollows. Again, this is not something we need to think about right now. Right now, our thought is to get to Lasciel. Right now, our job is to get to wherever this bitch is hiding. We will kill her lackeys, and then her. We will then bring Kaminari back to the Soul Society, be she dead or alive," Her senses had just picked up a familiar scent, "And we now have a target. Let us go." She finished her speech, turning and leading the Shinigami off in the direction of the feeling.
Back to top Go down
Silim

Silim

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 6:18 am

[Toja Hagiwara]

Toja simply nodded at the mention of 'friend'. Yes, no matter what else, both he and Sascha would always be Kaminari's friends at the very least. Captain or not, he'd go through hell for her... And according to some, this land was hell. After landing on the white sands, Toja had quickly scanned the surrounding area with both his spiritual senses and his eyes - a desolate place, illuminated by a strange moon. The ominous feeling within his gut only strengthened - they had to hurry if they wanted to get Kaminari back in one piece. And if they managed to kill the bitch who kidnapped her, all the better. Still, rash decisions and attacks could very well get Kaminari killed - if she was still alive, and Toja believed that with all of his heart. Even his inner Hollow didn't make any snide comments about that hope - either he respected it, feared Toja's retaliation, or had some other hidden agenda with it. Knowing that monster, it was probably the latter of the three options.

Toja followed behind and a bit to the right of Sascha. As a Captain and physically powerful Shinigami, it only made sense for her to take the lead - he was best at providing backup, pinpoint sensing skills, and Kidō-support. His right hand rested on the hilt of his blade, while the left was surrounded by a slight glow - Toja kept his Reiatsu hidden to the best of his ability, but he could fire off a high-level Hadou spell at the slightest hint of hostility nearby. A common Hollow would probably not be stupid enough to run face-first into three Shinigami alone, but a whole group of them could potentially slow them down.
Besides scanning for enemies within the ominous, heavy air of Hueco Mundo, the small Shinigami also used a different sensing technique - one designed to specifically find Shinigami. The threads of fate and spirit that bound all creatures with souls - for humans and Hollows, they were white. But for Shinigami and Vizards, these strings were as red as blood - he could clearly see the two red 'cloths' from the chests of Sascha and Joshua. However, Hueco Mundo was FILLED with souls - even if most kept themselves hidden. The sheer amount of white strings clogging his spiritual sense made it difficult to look through them, searching for the one red thread that had to be here somewhere.
"The interference here is crazy. Hard to pinpoint the location of anything." He said as a quick status report. Other than that, he kept quiet.
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 2:53 am

"Right now, we are in a place of worry.  Last night, a woman was kidnapped. This woman was unknown to some of you, a Captain to others, and a Friend to the rest of us.  But we can't think about that right now. For all we know, she could be laying on the ground dying. She may already be dead. That is not a possibility that any of us wish to consider, but it is still a possibility. Right now, we are invading enemy territory--to some, this may be seen as a declaration of war upon the Hollows. Again, this is not something we need to think about right now. Right now, our thought is to get to Lasciel. Right now, our job is to get to wherever this bitch is hiding. We will kill her lackeys, and then her. We will then bring Kaminari back to the Soul Society, be she dead or alive." There was a pause.  "And we now have a target. Let us go."

That certainly made things clear.  Not a word of it put even the slightest fear into Joshua though.  It seemed strange to him, really, that everyone was acting so afraid of declaring war on the Hollows.  Last he had checked, hadn't they always kinda been at war?  As in before he even existed?  It seemed like one of those 'forever were and forever are' type deals when you came from down to it.  He fell into step behind the other two as he let his thoughts spin out.

He was pulled back into the conversation after several minutes as Toja spoke up, stating that he was picking up all sorts of interference as he tried to find his Captain.  It took Joshua a few moments to figure out what exactly he was up to.  The soul threads idea was a good one, and in a less populated area it would an incredibly direct method.  Here though, it was a stealthy but slow approach.  From what Joshua had gathered though, time wasn't exactly something they had a great deal of.  While Captain Koenig had made it clear that, yes, Captain Hatakeyama may in fact be dead already.  While Captain Koenig might play a good game and Toja had a semi-decent poker face, it was obvious that BOTH of them didn't want to bring a dead body back.  Couldn't blame them there.

Captain Koenig might get mad at this, but in the long run Joshua had to side with them; he'd rather not bring back a dead body.  He suddenly squatted down, producing a small vial of ink.  In the space of a few moments, Joshua had drawn up a familiar circle with several markings.

“Heart of the south, eye of the north, finger of the west, foot of the east, arrive with the wind and depart with the sea.  Bakudou #58, Kakushitsuijaku,” he said in a crisp voice as his senses rushed outward.  Joshua didn't need the incantation to make the Kidō function, but using it gave more focus and strength.  There was a high likelihood that using Kidō here in Hueco Mundo was going to draw attention.  Then again, it was also likely that they'd already managed to do that anyway.

His eyes narrowed in annoyance.

“Getting a lot of interference myself.  However, I got something.  She's due north of here; at least twenty miles out, no more than seventy,” he said simply as the light from the Kidō faded.  He shot a look up to Toja.
“If you focus on that area once we're closer you'll probably had much more luck.”  [i]He rose, dusting his hands off.  “Think she's still alive too; we should get moving quick though,”
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyThu Sep 18, 2014 11:10 pm

Kaminari was quite thankful for this break, but she knew that they'd return and start up again soon. She was only able to sleep for a few hours before her eyes fluttered back open. Even in this situation, that short sleep made Kaminari feel quite a bit better. Her body was able to rest just enough. When she was able to look around, she saw nothing but darkness. The fire that was giving her light had gone out. Her heart began to race. A small movement caused the chains to rattle and even though she knew they were there, she was startled by the sudden sound. Feeling the shackles surround her wrist caused her to attempt to pull away in what felt like a natural reflex. She was still took weak to break these chains, but her mind fell into it's own frenzy. She began to thrash around, becoming more and more frightened with every rattling sound that she caused. It continued like this for some time, until she heard someone at the door.

She looked up and froze when more light entered the darkened room. Lasciel opened the door and stepped back into the room. She decided to relight the torch, calming Kaminari down enough to breathe normally. "It seems that your friends have gone against my commands." Lasciel spoke, stepping toward Kaminari. She kicked a stool over and sat down on it, grabbing under Kaminari's chin and forced her head up to look at her. "They have not brought Daigoro to me and in the process sealed your fate." she said with a sadistic smile. Kaminari smiled right back, catching the Arrancar off guard. "Good." Kaminari said. "What?" Lasciel glared at her, "It is good that you will now die in his place? Why?" Kaminari leaned back into the wall, resting her back against it. "If they dared bring Daigoro here to trade his life for mine... I'd never be able to forgive them. At least now, I die with the honor of protecting my friend."

Suddenly, a sharp pain shot through the side of her face as her head turned and hit the wall. Kaminari looked back toward Lasciel, an imprint of this woman's hand actually shown in her skin. "You will suffer in your last breath." Lasciel brought out a dagger and stabbed Kaminari in the middle of her stomach. Kaminari cringed as the knife was slowly slid out of her stomach, only to be slowly forced into her stomach again. Still, she refused to scream or cry. After one more, Lasciel stood up and stepped out of the cell, returning moments later with a whip in hand. The Arrancar didn't even hesitate. Kaminari felt the whip rip across her skin, leaving a deep laceration across her chest, and then came another and another. "Lace, Bru! Bring it here, now!" she called out. A second later, her lackeys came into the room with small tools she couldn't make out perfectly. There were three viles of liquid and three different syringes.

"Pour the red one in." Lasciel sat down on her stool again and watched, smirking at Kaminari, "Let's see if you won't scream now." Bru took up some of the red liquid and stepped toward Kaminari. She tried to move away from him, but couldn't move far. He forced her still with one hand, holding the syringe over one of her deeper wounds. A single drop did the trick. Kaminari would have screamed sooner if her body hadn't froze up on her. She felt this strong painful sensation seep into her open wound and rush through her veins until it hit her heart. She felt like her heart was going to explode in her chest. "Another!" Lasciel ordered and it was done. Finally, the scream caught in Kaminari's throat found it's way out. The ear piercing shriek moved through out the cave she was imprisoned in, letting every hollow and Arrancar in the area know that Lasciel had accomplished one of her sadistic missions. One down and one to go...

"Anothe-... Wait." Lasciel stopped the command and looked around the cave as if she could sense something. A moment later, she looked toward Kaminari with the cockiest of smirks. "He's here." she said and stood up, "It seems Daigoro just arrived a little late, but that's alright... I'll bring him here to you very soon, my dear Captain." Lasciel laughed as she and the other two left the room. In a way, she was thankful. She didn't want to find out what those other two viles did. At the same time, she was beyond pissed off. Had Dai really come? Was he really going to trade himself for her? She'd never forgive him. Kaminari grit her teeth and clenched her jaw, trying very hard not to yell in anger. It helped when a sudden jolt caused her body to fall limp. That red shit had really taken to her system. Another jolt of pain and Kaminari felt herself fading fast. She actually felt as if she were going to die here. The pain was almost too much now.

And yet, in this darkest hour, she found her mind wandering to that one...
Back to top Go down
Tsubine
Beast of Possibilities
Tsubine

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyTue Sep 23, 2014 7:23 pm

A Woman Worth Saving [Private] Header2

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

It's a good thing that Captain Komamura existed. Because otherwise, Shunsuke would've felt bad about requesting the Senkaimon to be large enough to fit him. But since that fox-faced captain had joined, that requirement was already handled. He darted through the Senkaimon, carrying a second sword on his back. "Thank you for keeping it open, Miss Solas!" He waved to the pretty lesbian who was effectively holding the door open for him.

The first thing people notice about Shunsuke is how un-Captain-like he is. He constantly smiles, as if he's unaware of what's around him. And that's just what he was doing now. He knew the situation. Or well, he knew of the situation. He knew that his second-shortest friend was kidnapped, but that was about it. However, even knowing that, he was still smiling. After all, in serious situations, someone needs to be the sign of hope. And that's just what Shunsuke was trying to be—a very, very tall beacon of hope.

He was running as fast as he could through the Dangai. There was nothing really special about the Dangai today, except it was really stabilized. Solas must've been really concentrated. Upon reaching the exit, he... fell. Something about running on platforms to suddenly jogging on sand really screwed with his balance. Picking himself up, he could easily see the group slightly ahead of him. Shunsuke stood up and began to tower over the shortest member of the party, mainly because where Toja was standing was about where Shunsuke liked to stand in terms of formation. So he just stood behind the tiny Shinigami.

"Sorry I'm late..." Shunsuke reached around his back and pulled out a sheathed katana. "I thought she might need her Zanpakutō when we find her." For once, Shunsuke did the smart thing. No one else had thought of it, he thought. He slung it back over his shoulder and prepared to help them find her... but he was probably going to be the last person to sense her. "Well... I've never been too good at sensing anything, but I do have a better view of things..." Shunsuke started his nervous habit of scratching the back of his head.

Back to top Go down
https://newhorizon.rpg-board.net
Dai
The Truth in Blue
Dai

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyWed Sep 24, 2014 2:26 pm

Apparently, her words had incited some kind of action within the Shinigami she'd brought with her, and that sent a large grin across her face. She folded her arms, watching them as they worked. Toja seemed to try and use his sheer senses in an attempt to find Kaminari, which was a technique that she could certainly respect. "The interference here is crazy. Hard to pinpoint the location of anything." She sighed softly, nodding in understanding. "Thanks anyway; I couldn't've done it bett'r. Hueco Mundo is a bitch of a place t'find shit like another Shinigami." She was about to mention continuing on in the direction of the hunch, when she was suddenly hit with the familiar sound of another Shinigami using a Kidō. She looked over in Joshua's direction, seeing the small group of nameless mooks they'd brought with them looking over as well.

“Heart of the south, eye of the north, finger of the west, foot of the east, arrive with the wind and depart with the sea.  Bakudou #58, Kakushitsuijaku,” Yeah, she recognized that. It was that searching Kidō--she wasn't sure that it'd work perfectly here, but at the very least it might have given them a chance to get a general direction. She still had that hunch that Lasciel's scent was in a certain direction from where they were, so hopefully Joshua's little spell could further pinpoint the direction that they would need to take. “Getting a lot of interference myself.  However, I got something.  She's due north of here; at least twenty miles out, no more than seventy,” She nodded, "Tha's where m'hunch came from too. Alright, let's start makin' our way in that direction. We got a lo' o'walkin' to do."

Eventually--give or take half an hour into it--she felt two presences. The first presence was immediately recognized as the Captain they'd left behind to catch up. "Sorry I'm late... I thought she might need her Zanpakutō when we find her." He produced a sheathed katana from behind his back, and she gave him a soft smile, "Well, let's hope that the person holding that Zanpakutō is the one to find her, huh?" She chuckled nervously, beckoning for the rest of the Shinigami to continue onwards, all-the-while cursing that second source of energy she'd discovered. That fucking dumbass. A direct order was disobeyed. He's going to have a lot to expla--oh, Midori followed him. This is going to fucking suck. She sighed and shook her head, deciding to continue onwards anyway. If anything, his presence would at least trick Lasciel into thinking they'd brought him with them. Maybe it would be enough.

Some more time would pass as the group eventually came across a cave mouth--the place reeked of Lasciel, but the faint feeling of Kaminari seemed to emanate from the mouth of the cave as well. It wasn't much, but it seemed to be enough. She beckoned for them to follow, stepping into the mouth of the cave with little subtlety--she didn't do subtle--and looking around. As her eyes became more accustomed to the darkness, she realized that they were facing four different paths. "Gorrammit. We're goin' ta need t' split up. Each o' th' Cap'n level Shinigami--tha' includes you, Jehana--are gon' split up, take a few o'th' others with ya. Choose a path, and take it. If y'find Kaminari, try an' get her outta there, bu' remember tha' there migh' be interference. Be safe. I'll go alone--I already 'ave backup of m'own." She nodded and stepped through the path directly in front of her, growling softly as she passed the threshold.

"I'm going to get you outta 'ere, Kaminari. I swear it on me life."

So there are four paths--one for each person looking for Kaminari. Sascha is taking Path 3. Please put the number of the path you're taking at the end of your post for sake of clarity.
Back to top Go down
Silim

Silim

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 4:50 pm

[Toja Hagiwara]

Reinforcements? Nice, they could use all of the strength they could get. And another captain, too - even if Toja took a moment to remember his name, mostly because his mental state was still fully fixated onto Kaminari, and on saving her. Bringing her Zanpakutō was actually a really smart move - a Shinigami without it wasn't exactly a powerful fighter in most cases. Even Toja himself, a Kidō specialist to the highest degree, was quite limited in his fighting ability without Hotaru on his back. That the giant Shinigami towered over him didn't concern Toja - he was way too busy using his spiritual senses as they wandered further into the estimated destination to really care about the shadow that the large man cast upon him. That he was practically taking up one of the front positions best reserved for actual front-line fighters did not occur to him, as he was way too busy being worried out of his mind.

The gaping mouth of the cave might as well have been the entrance to hell itself. Toja felt it with every last bit of his body - the pure, raw evil from within. Fortunately for him, he had his own evil energy just BEGGING to be unleashed on whoever it was that had kidnapped his beloved Captain. Toja's hands turned into fists, clenched so tight that his knuckles turned white. Much like Sascha, Toja didn't have much love for subtlety, at least today. Normally, he was more tactical, but currently, his desired tactic was 'burn the motherfuckers'.
"A split path, huh. Guess we're not facing complete morons, then." Toja closed his eyes for a short moment, before his Reiatsu flared up - not repressing his aura at all now, for a short moment he looked as if he was wreathed completely in red flames - the form and color of his energy.
"Use Bakudō #77 if you find Kaminari, then we can convene on the location. I'll take this path - alone. Or well... I should rather say..." Disregarding the fact that not just everyone could use a level 70+ Kidō spell, Toja reached up with his left hand in front of his left eye. Almost immediately, the aura of power around him darkened - as if a black outline seethed out of his eye and around his aura. It wasn't visible without moving to see the front of his head, but out of his left eye, a white, amorphous mass spread out like monstrous tears, twirling and twisting, before forming a shell in front of his face that blocked the left eye - while the right eye changed color, with a black eyeball and yellow iris. A hollowfied Toja looked over at Sascha, then over to Joshua and Shunsuke.
"I am my own backup. Whatever happens down there, get Kaminari out. If you have to sacrifice me to do it, go ahead. I don't care about my own safety." Two voices spoke, in almost unison - but one slightly before the other, giving Toja an incredibly creepy echo in a voice of a slightly higher tone. "Think of me what you will. I am what I am, by choice or not." And with that, the small Vizard dashed off into the cave entrance, racing towards the faint trace of Kaminari he could feel inside.

But Toja had a reason besides dramatic effect behind unleashing his inner Hollow. First of all, it increased his sensing ability - every time his mind reached out, the mind of his inner Hollow did so as well, increasing his effectiveness by quite a bit. And the biggest reason of all - he was the weakest one here, but the first one to unleash his full aura, which now eclipsed a normal Vice-Captain. As such, he would appear more threatening than the others, at least for now - so if he attracted more enemy attention than the stronger ones, he would tie down the stronger enemy, and allow his allies to push through and save Kaminari. That was the plan, anyway.
Either way, now the secret was pretty much out.

[Toja is taking Path Number 2.]
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptySat Oct 11, 2014 7:28 am

With a direction the group set out.  With a goal they were focused.  With more reinforcements...well, more people were now trudging through the sands of the white desert.  For most this probably was a pain in the ass; after all, sand sucks.  It gets everywhere.  Its coarse and grinds.  Yet there was one whom cared very little about these things.  Joshua seemed at ease here because of his memories from life; he'd spent most of it in desert locations.  Occasionally he returned to such places even today; fits of nostalgia really, but it was well within his right to indulge them.  Given time the group as a whole arrived at the cave system that they'd been led to.  That'd explain why both Joshua and Toja had ran into difficulty tracking the Captain down; down in a cave system like this the energies were all kinds of screwed up.  

In short order the leading officer, as it were, gave out her orders.  Several of the rank-and-file Shinigami that had been brought along though gave Joshua at look at Sascha's comment.  That one, a Captain-level?  Some believed he barely held onto the Vice-Captain role he currently held, and it was widely known that he hadn't wanted said position in the first place.  Joshua, on the other hand, gave very little reaction to being called out.

“Your mission, your call Captian,” he said simply as Sascha started down one of the paths.

Toja, on the other hand, seemed to have a lot to say before he started down.  And there was an impressive display to go along with it as he made public the knowledge of just what exactly he was.  Joshua raised an eyebrow at this, but there wasn't much time to get a word in edgewise before Toja bolted down another path, leaving just the large Captain, Joshua, and the rank-and-file standing about.  Joshua wasn't exactly sure how he was supposed to feel about the Vizard, so he decided it didn't bother him.  The Vizards had proven several times that there help was invaluable in the fight against Aizen and such.  As long as Toja had control, there wasn't much to worry about.  On the other hand, there was more than enough whispering going on from the peanut gallery to ensure this wasn't going to be a quiet thing.

It also hadn't slipped by Joshua just what Toja was up to; it wasn't exactly hard to miss the amount of energy that Toja was pumping out.  It was like a beacon really, and Joshua doubted that such an action was the result of Toja's over eagerness. Or maybe it was; the end result was that the Vizard Vice Captain would be drawing a great deal of attention as he botled down his path.  Maybe he hoped to draw the enemy, but it stood out as a slightly suicidal move to Joshua.  If he hurried, maybe he could catch Toja and stop him.  But he wouldn't; not because Joshua was cruel and wanted to see harm come to his fellow Shinigami but because this was the path Toja had chosen to walk, literally or otherwise.  He believed this was a way he could help the group at large, and thus Captain Hatakeyama.  That he could respect.

Joshua turned and looked at the nearest path, hand retreating to his pockets as he thought.  It was the first path; why choose another one?  He smiled and started down the path.

“Anyone's that coming better keep up!  I'm not waiting,” he called, his voice strangely light-hearted as it echoed back out of the tunnel.  One way or another, things were about to get interesting he supposed.

[Joshua has begun down Path 1.]
Back to top Go down
Tsubine
Beast of Possibilities
Tsubine

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 9:13 pm

A Woman Worth Saving [Private] Header2

"Well, let's hope that the person holding that Zanpakutō is the one to find her, huh?" That would have discouraged anyone other than Shunsuke. He couldn't let someone else like Kaminari die, so he was going to do anything he could. "It's better than it being in the Soul Society. I think I'll keep a hold of this, since I can probably also make it to whereever the person who has it will be..." Shunsuke may be tall, but his long legs allowed him to cover a lot more ground than everyone else here. Toja may have a smaller size, but Shunsuke was capable of running pretty damn fast thanks to having no skill in Shunpo essentially.

Of course, Shunsuke was taken aback a bit by Toja's transformation. However,  Shunsuke was not one to discriminate against anyone based on race or anything. The only reason Shunsuke would hate someone is if they gave him a reason to hate. And you don't want to give Shunsuke a reason to hate. "I am my own backup. Whatever happens down there, get Kaminari out. If you have to sacrifice me to do it, go ahead. I don't care about my own safety." Shunsuke knelt down to place a hand on his short friend's shoulder. "No one will be sacrificed for this. We'll get Kaminari and everyone out safely. I," his voice sounded oddly confident, "can make that a promise." He gave a reassuring smile as he stood back up.

Every began taking off in their own way, which left Shunsuke with only one path. He told the remaining few Shinigami that were waiting to split off—half were to follow Toja and the other half were to split again. 2/3 of the remainder would go follow Joshua and the other 1/3 would stay there and alert them of anyone coming through. Shunsuke was going in alone. Being someone so tall, he might just intimidate the opponents away. Going down the remaing path, he had to duck in some places. This was mainly just junctions between "rooms," and the rooms were high enough for him to move around comfortably. "If anyone is down there, I advise you to surrender. I'd rather not fight, but I will defend myself if necessary!" He yelled down the path, hoping that he'd hear the sounds of weapons dropping...

[Shunsuke has taken Path 4]

Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 1:07 pm

Notes For Everyone: (1) There are different things that each enemy has about themselves that your characters will have to figure out. I didn't want to put them in the post, so go ahead and ask me whenever you want to. (2) Although they need to be posted in the same order, anyone can start writing up their posts now since there is no real need to wait for someone else's response. (3) Everyone is to write out their entire battle scene until victory or defeat; I cannot control all of these things for everyone's posts. I'm sorry, it will drive me insane. This is why you can ask me about your opponents powers. (4) If you can't finish your entire battle scene in one go, go ahead and post what you. This will allow those after you to post in the correct order, while not holding everyone up. You don't have to, but it'd be nice.

Note to Gen: You and I are going to have to talk about your post because I couldn't spoil everything in this one. There's a lot more that will happen after what is written here, so when you get a chance, let's talk.

Cave Four: Shunsuke

This cave is the farthest to the right of the four and leads downward toward what we can call the "North-East". The cave is around eight and a half feet tall, but lowered rock formations and stalactite make certain areas a little more difficult. An eerie breeze blows in from the entrance of the cave and through the tunnel, pushing the traveler along faster, as if it wants you to hurry through toward your destination. The tunnel will continue on for about five minutes without any resistances and not a single sign of life, getting darker and darker as one travels through. Some sort of lighting or the ability to see in the dark will be needed to travel safely. The walls of this tunnel are shiny and look wet for no apparent reason since the air is dry and no other sign of water is around. As one continues on through, a familiar roar echoes through the tunnels of the cave and the presence of hollow appears off in the distance.

If one were to continue on, the presence of a hollow would begin to surround every inch of the caves and make it feel like the hollow is everywhere. Finally the end of the current tunnel would open up into a large room. The room could be compared to the size of a football field with a large hole at the top, luckily letting in a bit of light. Stalagmites and stalactites cover a large portion of the floors and walls of the cave, making it difficult to walk through. Stepping in further, the hollows presence will make himself known with a few loud roars. Although it only feels like a single hollow inhabits this room, fifteen of all different shapes and sizes make their appearance. They drop from the ceiling, slither their ways out of holes in the walls, and come out from behind larger rocks. To the upper left corner a large one stands. It is obviously where the presence is coming from. This is the hollow that has been sensed.

"What is a lowly Shinigami doing in my cave?" the hollow speaks. It's head is quite large, but it's eyes small and yellow. It slouches over like a gorilla, using it's front hands to balance himself and his legs to move around. The other hollow begin to surround, inching themselves closer and closer, but not yet attacking. "Turn around or I'll have my minions tear your pathetic body apart." the hollow speaks again, showing the small amount of intelligence it seems to have. It's minions let out another roar, inching their way closer and closer still. A snake-like hollow slithers its way around the top of the cave (about fifteen feet above Shunsuke's head), coming down from where Shunsuke would have entered as if it were trying to get off a sneak attack. Still, no matter how hard one would try to sense, the only hollow that will be able to be sensed is the one that spoke and is sitting in the top left corner of the cave.

Cave Three: Sascha

This cave is to the left of Cave Four and leads up and straight North. At first it's as steep as a stair case, but then comes to a set of hills. The first 'hill' within the cave is actually quite steep, forcing one to use their hands to climb up it, or some other way of getting up such a steep 'hill'. After reaching the top, Sascha would travel for a few moments and reach another one of these 'hills', but this one goes downward for quite some time. Upon reaching the bottom a straight tunnel would seemingly go on for miles and get darker and darker the farther that Sascha would go in. After a few minutes of walking (shorter if running), a strange sound could be heard echoing through the cave. Sounds of moving dirt, falling rock, digging, climbing, or scratching is what it would sound like at different times. It would stop for a moment, be followed by a loud bang, and then start up again, continuing like this until the source was found.

Once the source is  found, Sascha would realize that it is  an oversized mole-like hollow digging the very tunnel she had been walking through. The hollow would turn to her, able to catch her scent ever since she entered the cave, but he would do nothing more than face her. "Well looky what we have here." a deep voice stepped up behind Sascha. With the sudden release of some sort of spell, it'd become obvious he was using something to mask his presence. "She's already dead, you know." he spoke up again, "Your tiny shinigami friend finally fell about ten minutes ago. Tough little thing, but even the strongest fall from losing too much blood... It's why I prefer to keep the blood on the inside. They last longer." There is now a man standing between Sascha and the entrace to this cave and a large mole-like hollow on the opposite side of her. The mole hollow let out an aggressive roar and stomped his feet.

"It seems my friend here is hungry." the man spoke up and held out his hands. A hammer about twice his height appeared in his hands, the end being as big as his entire body. "Agh!" the man yelled and brought the hammer up, slamming it into the ground in front of him. As the hammer would strike the ground, the cave floor would shoot up in the form of spikes, moving in a line toward Sascha and getting larger the closer they got to her. The mole hollow let out another roar and went to swipe at her location. "Now let's see if you put up a better fight than your little friend." he said and leaped toward Sascha with his hammer high in the air, ready to strike it down on her the moment he got the chance. The mole hollow would wait for this man's signal, whatever that may be, and then take it's time to attack Sascha from behind, using it's claws/paws to do so. The two have obviously fought together in the past.

Cave Two: Toja

This cave is to the left of Sascha's and leads along a pretty straight path for a good five minutes before anything of note could be seen. Before then though, there is one thing that is obviously strange about this cave. This cave seems like it was intentionally put there. It was not natural, but it was also not something that was dug through. The edges of the cave were too perfect, as if someone with a serious case of obsessive compulsive disorder had been the one to create it. As Toja would move along, he would be able to sense the faintest spark of Arrancar within the cave. It'd feel as if the Arrancar was trying his best to hide himself, but was failing due to a lack of skill or inability to control himself. Knowing this, it was obvious that Toja was expected. Someone was down there waiting for him and it wasn't going to be friendly. Once he made it to the end, the tunnel would open up and reveal a square room.

"His energy is so fun!! I want to slice him open!" a menacing voice, almost raspy whispered to himself as he felt the smaller Shinigami making his way through the caves and toward his location. "I chose the right path. I chose the perfect path. I knew it. I knew it. I knew it!" He sat above the entrance, his presence hidden quite well from anyone that might be approaching. He waited as the energy of the approaching Shinigami got closer and closer. With every foot of distance the Shinigami closed between them, he became more and more excited and then Toja would make his appearance. "He's heerrree... Wai-... Wha-..." the Arrancar spoke where he was easily heard, but his tone changed when he and Toja would make any sort of eye contact. "WHAT?!" the Arrancar slammed his foot into the ground and pointed at Toja in disgust, "Wh-What are you supposed to be!? I wanted to fight a strong one! A strong one!"

"Ahhh!!!! I'm so angry I could... I could... AHHHH!!!!" The Arrancar walked around on a small ledge at the height of what would be considered the "second story" of a building. He began pacing back and forth, looking down at Toja in both disbelief and anger. "I chose the wrong path. I chose the wrong path!!!" he yelled in anger and pulled at his hair a bit. He stopped in the middle of the path and stomped his foot again before pointing angrily down at Toja. "Why did you take this path? Why did you even come?!" he asked in anger, his insanely wide eyes fixated on the Shinigami before him, "Your stupid friend with the brown hair, right? You came to save her? Why would you come? Do you really think someone like you could protect her? Do you really think someone like you would have the chance to save her? What's wrong with you!? ARE YOU STUPID!? YOU'RE EVEN SMALLER THAN SHE IS! HAHAHAHA!!"

Cave One: Joshua

This cave is probably the easiest one to truly call a cave. It's dark and a little damp, but nothing too abnormal. The path is wide so people wouldn't be bumping into each other too much and there are a few twists and turns here and there. The entire way is actually completely clear of much obstacle, which can be determined as good or bad depending on how suspicious of a person you are. It would be around a seven to ten minute walk before anything was found. The dark tunnel would suddenly light up near the end. A lit torch sits in a stand above a table with three chairs, one of them knocked over. Continuing on down the pathway and around a corner, to the left is a large wooden door that is open just a bit. A light flickers similarly to the torch from the inside. If one were to enter, they would see a cage or cell with this door also strangely cracked open as if someone was recently here and heard them coming.

And in the middle of the cell is a small body laying on it's stomach, sprawled out on the floor in a puddle of blood. Congratulations, Joshua's group has found Kaminari. The young woman is knocked out, blood soaking her entire uniform. Her breathing is very much labored and her heart is beating extremely quickly. Anyone paying enough attention or just touching her would realize that every minute her body convulses and her energy fluctuates in very sporadic ways. Her skin is pale and cold and she looks as if she had around a one hundred or more wounds, but the worst and oldest one seems to be the stab wound in her shoulder that moves downward, as if someone had attempted to cut her arm from her body with a short knife. If anyone were to try healing Kidō, they would immediately realize that for some reason Kaminari's  energy was completely rejecting it. She has to get back to the Seireitei immediately.

Last edited by SerenityVerdant on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dai
The Truth in Blue
Dai

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 10:44 pm

Path Three

Her footsteps echoed through the tunnel as it began to raise up--it seemed about as steep as a set of stairs. She muttered something to herself about having to work for her payment, before moving up this ascent at a nominal rate. The ascent slowly grew steeper as she did, and the light was beginning to fade. The tunnel that she was travelling through didn't really seem that natural--but at the same time, it was definitely not regularly constructed. She didn't think too much on it at the time, instead merely climbing through the steepness by jumping up on steps of Reishi. She hopped up to the top of the hill that had been made in this tunnel and looked down towards the ground below. She sighed softly and started to hop down, cursing her choice of tunnel. It already seemed like Kaminari wasn't going to be down this way, but she wasn't going to so easily dismiss the possibility--for all she knew, this was going to be the most out-of-the-way place possible to find Kaminari, and it would show. She sneered at the not-there Lasciel and made it to ground, landing on both feet and looking forwards into the darkness. It seemed that she wasn't going to get away from this. She was stuck taking a long-ass path down somewhere she wouldn't be able to get out of, right? With a soft sigh, Sascha pushed forwards and began at a sprint down the path, keeping an eye out either side for possible openings.

The tunnel got darker and darker the further she got down it, and she was certain that she'd been travelling for several miles since she began. She was definitely far away from the rest of her party; she could only barely sense Shunsuke, who was probably the closest to her out of any of them. That alone bothered her. Eventually, she could not sense even him. Replacing her feelings of isolation came the sounds of digging, crunching and the like. She stopped for a moment, catching her breath and trying to peer down the darkened tunnel. Her eyes had pretty much gotten used to the meagre light by now. She decided to follow the source of the sound, coming across a gigantic Hollow--a mole. It had apparently already sensed her, as it turned around faced her. However, as she prepared for it to attack--it did no more than watch her. Instead, she heard a voice from behind her, and turned to face the source. "Well looky what we have here." A man appeared before her. "She's already dead, you know. Your tiny shinigami friend finally fell about ten minutes ago. Tough little thing, but even the strongest fall from losing too much blood... It's why I prefer to keep the blood on the inside. They last longer." Her entire figure twitched, and she was certain that she felt tears bridging her eyes, but she stemmed them. The mole Hollow let out a roar from behind her, which she plainly ignored.

"It seems my friend here is hungry." He made a noise and produced a huge hammer, jumping up and swinging it at the ground, creating a loud rumble and cracking as a large number of spikes protruded from the ground. They approached her at a high rate of speed, growing larger and larger until the last one would reach her face. She moved only slightly, the spike ripping her eyepatch off and leaving a red mark on her cheek. They vanished, and he spoke again. "Now let's see if you put up a better fight than your little friend." He leaped at her, and she felt the presence of the beast leaping from behind. She did not move. She did not flinch. As the hammer was brought down, her sword was brought up--the edge held off his attack with sheer power alone, while her scabbard was used to parry the attacks from the mole from behind. She made a loud noise and made an attempt to push the man off of her, still not moving from her position. As he landed, she turned and sent a cut along the mole's shoulder, pushing it back. With that, she turned back to the man. If he could see her eyes, he would see them full of rage.

"You want to know something? You want to know how hard you've just fucked up?" Her mouth turned upwards into a sadistic grin. "Let me explain this to you. I. Like. War. Actually, no. I LOVE WAR. What does this mean for your dumb ass? Well, my good friend... you've just told me that one of my closest friends has just died," She laughed softly, the laughter gathering in strength until it echoed all throughout the tunnel. "You've lead me to a place far away from my allies. I'm alone here. I'm isolated. I'm outnumbered." Her laughter continued, before subsiding as her face returned to a serious mask and looked back down at the man. "As a result of your foolishness, I can go all out. Bankai, Reißzähne des Krieges Hund."

A surge of energy was immediately released from her body, likely causing the fucker who was attacking her to step back slightly. She didn't look back, but she assumed that the Hollow was having a pretty hard time standing up in this. The fact that they were standing in such an enclosed area meant that there weren't many places that Sascha's pressure could go, making her seem a lot more frightening. Her aura surrounded her in a ghastly light, and her eyes glowed brightly with the sheer amount of energy going through her body. Her Zanpakutō was sheathed, and in its place were a pair of revolvers, glowing with the same color as her eyes. And behind the man who had thought Sascha surrounded stood five soldiers, two carrying AK-47s, one carrying a SPAS-12, one carrying an M249 SAW and one with an RPG-7. Behind her, pointing their weapons at the Mole were five more soldiers, each with the same weapons. "Sorry, did you think me surrounded? My bad." She grinned, holstered one weapon, pulled out her sword and lunged forwards at the man with a feral yell. As she did this, the five soldiers behind him each started firing their weapons--the ones behind her did as well, but at the mole Hollow. Sascha herself swung down with impressive strength on the sword. He seemed to return her strike with just as much strength; she felt her body shudder from the blow, gathering herself quickly enough to fire six shots into his abdomen. He laughed and took them without a single care.

"So, do you have a name? Or shall we fight without even knowing who the other is?" She sneered at him and landed, watching. Even though the men had been firing upon the mole, it seemed to have completely ignored them, staring through them to Sascha herself. She swallowed back slightly and relaxed her position, watching with narrowed eyes. "Sascha Koenig, Captain of the Third Division!" His mouth seemed to go into an 'oh' position. "Why, I'm honored. A Captain, fighting little old me?" Sascha could sense the seething hatred a mile away, "If you must know, my name is Bru. Not short for anything. He doesn't have a name." Bru motioned towards the mole, before dashing forwards and swinging the hammer at Sascha's head. As if on command, the mole barrelled through the soldiers and towards Sascha as well. She yelped at the idea of being attacked from both sides again, dodging underneath Bru's blow, but feeling the claw of the mole swipe at her side, knocking her into the cave wall. She made a noise, sliding to the ground and grumbling. The soldiers reacted by firing upon the targets, but Bru seemed to simply ignore their attacks. "Is this the best the Captains have to offer? A woman who gets knocked around by an overgrown mole?" He laughed loudly, raising the hammer in the air to bring it down upon her head.

The hammer dropped, and Sascha was already behind Bru with a laugh. "No, I'm really not the best that the Captains have to offer. If our best were here, he'd likely be tearing this place to bits. My reaction is nothing compared to how he'll react when he finds out that she's dead. You had better hope for mercy when that occurs." The laughter turned dark, and she pointed at the roof above with a howl. "Open this up with a salvo!" The soldiers all switched weapons, firing upwards at the ceiling over them with RPGs. The roars shook the area, and if Bru was listening hard enough, he could swear that there was something firing from above as well. The din stopped after a few seconds, and dirt fell around them, the light of the sky streaming into the dark hole. Sascha could already see Bru's face drop, and then turn into a visage of rage. "How dare you?!" He lunged forwards with the hammer, and Sascha danced around his blow, cutting at the backs of his ankles with her weapons. He yelled out and swung again, this time in unison with the mole. Sascha was hit by an oversized paw and knocked back into Bru's hammer, sending her up out of the newly-formed hole and upon the sands above.

Bru jumped from the hole after her, but the mole did not seem to follow. She heard scrabbling underneath, but nothing else. "Your friend not joining us?" She grinned tauntingly, at which he simply yelled out at her. "Where are your words?" The yelling of the man receded, and he slowly started laughing. His laughing was maniacal at first, loudly echoing over the flat and empty desert. "I guess it will be single combat from here on out. I should really have you know how outclassed you are, however." He patted his own chest, [i]"You see how I am unharmed after all of your attacks? I am at a class very close to that of your own Zaraki Kenpachi. There are very few who can breach my skin."

As if in reply, Sascha began to laugh herself. The laughter echoed louder than his ever would have, before she stared hungrily at him. "You really are the perfect opponent for me! I will defeat Zaraki Kenpachi in single combat! You're nothing but a stepping stone in my path!" Her laughter grew once more, and she pointed her Zanpakutō high into the air, as something seemed to materialize above the two. "It was a mistake bringing me this far from my comrades! Would you like to know something about my Bankai?" Her laughter amongst the words finally subsided as the object above fully appeared. It seemed to be some kind of cannon, if one could see it far enough. It was as tall as a skyscraper, with one end only fifty meters above ground--while the other end seemed to stretch up into space itself. "It's designed for fighting entire armies! You seem to be a single-man equivalent, therefore it's worth using everything on your shitty ass!" She took a defensive position and rotated her neck slightly, "Luckily, it doesn't harm me. As for you, however--well, you seem to be right underneath the firing zone." As if to reinforce this point, the ten soldiers were immediately standing around him, weapons pointed at him and stopping any efforts he might make to move through. He could definitely barrel through them, but the time it'd take for him to get through them would be too much for him to avoid the impending doom. The business end of the weapon glowed, and Sascha finally spoke its name.

"SUB-ORBITAL ANTI-ARMY CANNON MARK-25! FIRE!" The glow reached critical levels, and Sascha saw Bru desperately swinging at the soldiers, knocking them aside as the cannon sent its beam of death down at the man. She only had some stored power, but it was apparently enough to whip up a small sandstorm as it cratered the ground beneath. An earth-shattering roar echoed throughout all of Hueco Mundo at that time, and those who noticed it would quickly stop caring shortly afterwards, as the cannon vanished into nothingness, along with the twin pistols that signified Sascha's Bankai. She dropped to a knee and grimaced, seven of the soldiers vanishing--the other three rushed to her side to help her to her feet. She shook her head and slowly got up, shaking. She'd never actually gotten to use that up so close before. Limping towards the centre of the newly-created crater, Sascha saw Bru's body laying on the ground. As she approached it, it shuddered to life and slowly started crawling towards the mole.

"My... old friend." He croaked out, "We had a good run together, eh?" Sascha was certain she heard a pained moan from the mole Hollow, "Let's... go out together t...." His voice faded, and both beings stopped moving. She breathed deeply and dropped down into the hole, kneeling in front of Bru and closing his eyes with her hand. "You two were powerful foes. Thank you for this battle." She stood up straight and looked around--she'd used too much energy fighting one man. She couldn't be caught here. Picking up the eyepatch, she grumbled about it being useless. "I'll hafta get it replaced once I'm done chewin' out Ito." She laughed dryly to herself and looked towards the path that was now caved in. She was going to have to find her way back overland. That would be easier said than done.

"Well, I'd better get movin'." Her mind was rushing, and she had a ton of new ideas that she had to jot down. Jumping from the crater and returning her Zanpakutō to its sealed form, Sascha began to head in what she believed the direction of the cave was--and at that point, it occurred to her.

"What if he was lyin' to me?"
Back to top Go down
Silim

Silim

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 2:17 pm

[Toja Hagiwara]

As Toja's fast steps carried him through the perfectly cut tunnel, he couldn't help but smile a tiny bit under his mask. He had never even exchanged a single word with the tall captain before... But his words alone made Shunsuke amazing. The confidence and friendliness from him was enough to give Toja's doubts a serious dampening. And ahead, he could feel it – the energy of an Arrancar, waiting for him. So his tactic had worked – his release of Reiatsu had drawn out an enemy! The mixed energy of Hollow and Shinigami within the small body of Toja began to intensify in preparation for the upcoming battle. The feeling was so strange, yet so... perfect – as if he had never fought with his full, his TRUE power, before. And well, the feeling was warranted – right now, his power was higher than ever before in his life. No matter the obstacle, he'd save her. He'd save Kaminari! Before reaching the open, larger room, Toja let his energy of the Zanpakutō flow freely. Like all Shinigami with the power of Bankai, he had no need to call the name of his sword to unleash the Shikai powers – and so, the sword on his hip turned into flames, which whirled their way around his body, before settling on his arms as long, fingerless gloves that went up almost to the elbow. For someone who didn't know Toja, he just looked like a Shinigami without a Zanpakutō right now, although his Reiatsu was way too high for that to be plausible.

As he stepped out into the room, the dark Reiatsu of the Arrancar and his own, mixed Reiatsu clashed just as their eyes met – or rather, just as the one visible eye from Toja met with the eyes of the Arrancar. Oddly enough, Toja was still able to see perfectly fine, even with one of his eyes seemingly obscured.
“Tch. You're not the only one who chose the wrong path, Hollow scum.” Two voices echoed through the room, as the small Shinigami rotated his shoulders slightly before his one visible eye narrowed slightly, the yellow iris in the black eyeball shining with sinister light.
“You want to know why I think I can save her? Fine.”
And with a Shunpo that rivaled a bullet in speed, Toja jumped into the air, slashing at the crazed Arrancar with fiery blades sprouting from above the wrists of both of his arms, giving him katar blades not all that much shorter than the shortswords the Arrancar raised up to defend. Sparks flew through the air, and the sound of metal scarping against metal echoed through the room. The only thing visible of Toja's face was his slightly narrowed, hollowfied eye, while his attacker was grinning maniacally. Both combatants pushed against each other briefly, before the power of the impact propelled both backwards . With a quick step, the dual-wielding Arrancar jumped right after Toja into the middle of the room – raising up his molten blades against the quick assault, Toja managed to deflect the sudden burst of speed from his opponent, at least the first two blows. The third one he had to duck under, before kicking at the legs of his adversary to get him down. And to the surprise of the Hollow, the swift kick was enough to unbalance him briefly, allowing Toja a step back. The molten blade on his right arm disappeared, as he directed the hand towards the Hollow.
“First mistake: You assumed that I'd be weak from my stature. Shakkahō! A red ball of concentrated, pure red fire energy shot forth from Toja's right palm, right at the Arrancar, who regained his balance in time to dodge to the side, only for two waves of blue and orange flames to follow him and drive him into some distance from Toja with singing hot temperatures.
“Second, you assumed that my volume of Reiatsu is any indication of skill. Hotaru no Hikari! On command, blue flame shot out of Toja's left hand, with orange fire from his right, which mixed into each other as a wave of burning energy shot right after the Hollow, who used his supreme speed to escape a roasted fate. Coming to a standstill a small distance away from Toja, both of them glared at each other, ready for the next move.

As if on a signal, both sprung into action yet again after the brief second of seizing each other up. The Hollow dodged yet another wave of fire, and attempted to stab Toja with both of his short, straight blades with a maniacal laugh from his lips – only to suddenly find himself face to face with Toja, who had used a quick jump to get over the attack from both short sword that would've normally beheaded him with their strike. For a brief moment, they were close enough to each other to feel the breath of their opponent.

And as if out of nowhere, a chain of golden light shot forth, twisting itself around the still outstretched arms of the Hollow, obviously a Bakuda spell used by the small Shinigami, who used the extreme closeup to his enemy... to deliver a devastating headbutt with the power and hardness of his mask behind it. The impact was enough to make the Hollow fly back, with blood running down his forehead. Toja landed gracefully, dusting himself off, and gave another cold stare towards his opponent, who broke the chain around his arms with a roar and an even crazier smile on his face. With an ugly, disgusting sound, two more arms sprouted from the back of the monster, each holding yet another short sword.

“You want more? I'm in a hurry, you useless pile of junk. Be grateful. You'll be the first to witness...” While Toja was still talking, the Hollow darted forward, with insane speed, right at Toja. “My Bankai.”

A loud impact shook the room in which the battle was taking place. In less than a second, Toja's form got engulfed into golden flames sprouting from his hands in a sphere – and as the bubble of fire burst, he was revealed in his ultimate form. A deep red kimono, golden tiara with a red, glowing gem in the middle on his head, above his mask, and most importantly – a huge shield on his left hand from golden, glowing and incredibly hot metal, which two of the four swords just clashed against, while the other two found a stopping force in the enormous gauntlet on the right hand of Toja, which took on a form like a massive fist.
The heat in the room, which had already gone up thanks to the prior fire attacks, was now getting unbearable. In a cave like this, there wasn't much fresh air coming in – the heat made the air flicker. Metal grinding on metal, as both combatants looked at each other with hate-filled eyes, before suddenly the Reiatsu of both spiked. Before the place where his covered eye should be, Toja collected energy, while the Hollow ripped open his mouth with energy shining from within. And, as if in unison...

”Cero!”

The explosion of colliding energy engulfed the entire room in smoke, dust and debris of the ground directly under them, which had been ripped open. Both Toja and the Arrancar found themselves being flung backwards, crashing into opposing walls in the room. Sharp pain shot through Toja's back, but the power of his mask helped him suppress the feeling from it. Getting back to his feat, Toja collected energy in both of his hands – the golden weapons in them reforming into two 'cannons' in the shape of dragon heads.
“Koasahi no Hikari!”
The sudden, intense heat of pure white flames ripped through the veil of dust and smoke, racing towards the opposing wall. But his enemy had already disappeared – jumping right over the white flames, which were now starting to melt the wall they had just hit from their incredibly focused power. Toja twisted his body to the side, but not fast enough – one short blade ripped right into his shoulder, but before two more could come in to stab him in the chest, Toja suddenly smiled underneath his still uncracked mask. The Hollow just ran face-first into his trap.
“Sai!”

The face of the Arrancar twisted from joy over finally drawing blood back to furious anger, as suddenly all four of it's arms were ripped backwards. Roaring and attempting to break free, which wasn't easy – Toja was not a grandmaster of Kidō for nothing while in this form – the molten cannons on his arms changed back into their base form, bracelets around each wrist, and the small Shinigami pointed his right index finger at the chest of his opponent.
“Byakurai!”
With a flash of crackling energy, a bolt of lightning broke through the left lung of the Hollow, causing it to howl and stumble backwards. Using his left hand to pull the shortsword out of his right shoulder and the wall against which he had been pinned, he threw it to the side without even seemingly noticing the pain. The Arrancar only now truly realized what any friend of Toja's would've known since minute one – the small Shinigami was in an absolute, all-consuming fury. But not a destructive one started from his own desire, oh no.

Out of nowhere, six shining yellow rods of light shot at the Arrancar from all sides, slamming into his stomach from each direction. This higher level Bakuda would not allow for escape. And, as Toja flipped his own Hollow mask upwards to reveal his full face – still with hollowfied eyes – his enemy saw the biggest, most sadistic grin the small Shinigami ever gave. And now, the Arrancar noticed why – the moment the six rods slammed into him, a black box had started growing up from the ground. The last thing that the battle-hungry Arrancar saw before his death was the sadistic grin of Toja, and the last thing the heard was the following:
“Your worst offense and biggest mistake, though? You insulted my beloved Captain. NOBODY gets to call Kaminari short and get away with it, bastard.”
As the black box closed, a last, blood-gurgling scream came from within, as countless black blades and a twisting of space and time itself turned the Arrancar inside into nothing more than a pile of gore.

As the box disappeared, though, Toja began chanting something.
"Carriage of thunder,
Seeping crest of turbidity. Arrogant vessel of lunacy!
bridge of a spinning wheel.
Boil forth and deny! Grow numb and flicker! Disrupt sleep!
With light, divide this into six!
Crawling queen of iron! Eternally self-destructing doll of mud!
Unite! Repulse! Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness!"

Two special techniques, combined into one. The ability to incant two Kidō-spells at the same time by interjecting the chants was an ability often used by specialists, and Toja combined it with an ability of his Bankai – the ability to cast a Kidō at full power, without any incantation, as long as he said the entire one afterwards. Raising his right hand, Toja short forth a blast of white fire, incinerating the remains of his opponent and turning it into ash. Even this short blast was enough to make the ground underneath it glow red with intense heat.
Now that the battle was over, Toja winced slightly over the pain in his right shoulder. A quick examination confirmed that it wasn't life-threatening – at least not to a Shinigami – so Toja prepared to move on and find Kaminari. He was sure that she was in way more peril than just some shoulder wound like him. Pulling the mask back down to hide his face, Toja rotated both his shoulders once before preparing to move on.
“Hold on, Kaminari... I'm coming!”
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyThu Nov 27, 2014 8:22 am

A light whistle filled the stone tunnel as Joshua lazily strolled down it, an apparent reckless nonchalance in his demeanor.  He heard clacking footsteps rolling up behind him, and he didn't bother to actually look back.
"Jehana fuka-taicho, wait up," one of the other Shinigami said as he caught up.  Joshua obliged, turning to look back as the rest of the small group caught up to him.  There was a decent few of them, though he guessed it may well have only been a third or so of them.  Some probably stayed back at the entrance, some probably went after someone else.

"Alrighty then, let's see what's at the end of this tunnel, eh?" he asked after a handful of puffed breaths from those that had just finished running and started walking again, picking up his tune where he had left off.  This made a strange tableau in a sense; the group of Shinigami walking along with swords drawn looking about nervously, ready to jump at their own shadows in some cases.  Then you had Joshua, hands behind his head as he walked as though this were any other day.  If you had a keen eye though, you'd notice that Joshua's eyes were not nearly as lax as he seemed.  They scanned the area around him with quick, precise movements.  His body was loose, ready to move at a moment's notice.  He had several Kidō's half formed in his mind and his senses reached out, hunting for alien presences.

Suddenly, Joshua picked up his pace.  He caught sight of the light, and after a few steps he made a motion and vanished as a shunpo carried him down the tunnel to the light.  There were a few chairs, and they appeared to have been vacated in a hurry.  The tunnel curved after that; he spent only a few moments gathering the details of the scene before him before he moved down the curve to the room.  The cell was open, the room was otherwise empty.  Joshua removed his hand from the hilt of his sword as he rushed through the room to the fallen captain's side.

Many would have immediately gone to spiritual means to check the fallen captain's condition; Joshua knew of more 'mundane' methods of first aid.  She was still breathing, and he didn't need to reach out much to feel the wildly fluctuating energies around her; whatever had happened to her had been destructive and painful.  They'd done a number on her.  Joshua reached out and a soft green glow spread from his hands.  Yet it didn't take; he felt the captain's energy press back against his, rejecting the healing energies.  He gave a small curse under his breath as the rest of the Shinigami caught up.

"Something's wrong with her; healing isn't working, she's in bad shape.  We need to get her back no-" he began, but was cut off by the sound of someone seemingly waking up from a hangover.  Every shinigami other than Joshua spun on their heels back towards the door.  From the tangle of chairs a figure moved, previously hid by debris and shadow as he groggily got to his feet.  He muttered something as he rose, then froze as he spied the small contingent of Shinigami standing in the cell room.  For a crystalline second the silence held, before it cracked and was banished by a noise that was somewhere between laugh and growl from the Arrancar.

"So, you must be working with her," the Arrancar said, stepping up and cracking his knuckles.  Several of the Shinigami stepped back, swords at the ready.  Then Joshua appeared ahead of the rest of the Shinigami, his Zanpaku-tō finally free of its sheath.  He fancied the Arrancar with a surprisingly jaunty grin.
"Guys, take the Captain and get her back to the entrance.  Gather up with whoever is there and get back to Seireitei.  That is your mission, alright?" he asked, his eyes never leaving the Arrancar.  For his part, the Arrancar shook his head again to clear some of the confusion.

"Must have gotten hit harder than I thought if you think I'm gonna let ya walk out of here with that one," he all but growled, moving to take up more of the hallway.  Joshua responded to this with a rather eloquent statement; he blew up the wall, simply making a new exit from the room.
"I gave you lot an order; go!" Joshua called, his voice suddenly ringing with authority.  Several shinigami picked the unconscious captain up and started out of the newly made door.

This was where things got interesting.  You see, the Arrancar didn't see to much like this entire idea, and he began to move to intercept the group.  He didn't exactly get the chance though, since as soon as he began Joshua was on him, blade coming straight down with startling speed and power.  Simple as that, the fight had begun.  The division members rushed back down the tunnel, injured captain in tow without delay as the clashing began behind them.  They made it back to the entrance to meet up with those still there, and continued their evacuation of the injured Captain.
Back to top Go down
Tsubine
Beast of Possibilities
Tsubine

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptySun Nov 30, 2014 12:59 am

A Woman Worth Saving [Private] Header7

Shunsuke didn't want to fight even these Hollows. It wasn't his objective as far as he knew. "What is a lowly Shinigami doing in my cave? Turn around or I'll have my minions tear your pathetic body apart." Shunsuke began waving his hands around frantically, trying to tell them to hold off on attacking. He didn't want to fight them. He didn't want to fight anyone. "Oh, I'm sorry for barging in! I know how annoying it can be to have an uninvited guest..."

The Captain began to scratch the back of his head in embarrassment, as if he had walked into the wrong bathroom at a high school and not the lair of beasts. "I'll leave if you can answer me a question. We're looking for a friend of mine—another Shinigami about...." Shunsuke leaned down, putting a hand about to where Kaminari's head would be on him, "yea tall. Is she down this cave? If not, do you know which cave she's in?"

The Hollow's ivory teeth split apart, almost as if it were smiling. These things truly were monsters. "Oh, you're one of those foolish people trying to rescue the Mistress' play thing? Oh well, no... She is not down this cave. She's down cave one, but from what I've been told, she's dead, so there's no rush... Stay a while and play." Shunsuke's gentle smile remained... although it was obviously different. As was the air around him. One could hear, if not feel, a pin drop against the stony ground. "Dead... huh..."

Without warning, something fell from the ceiling. It was immediately pushed away by what seemed to be a burst of wind. "Uh-oh... Shun, please calm down. I'm sure she's fine!" A voice rang out, loud enough for the people in this cavern to hear... but there was no other person there. Instead, it was coming from his sword. "You're right... She's the strongest lady I know. She's not dead." Shunsuke was practically ignoring the Hollow that got caught in a burst of wind. Well, it wasn't wind. Instead, it was a burst of pressure.

In Shunsuke's hand, even though he had never drawn it, was a sword nearly as tall as he was. It was almost too crude to be called a sword and it instead looked like a single sheet of ebony sharpened to be a sword. Shunsuke smiled at his sword. "I told you, she's dead. D-E-A-D, dead. Now, why don't you just stop talking to your sword and play? I'm sure you'll have much more fun that way..." Once again, the air around them became still. This time it was worse. This was a Captain in Shikai, and it was as if he was a normal person with only the bare amount of Reiatsu to be sensed. The sword spoke up, concerned about its master "Shun..."

Shunsuke's smile was gone. There was no evidence he was ever smiling now. It was as if he had never smiled in the first place. He looked to the leader, his eyes as cold as the stone beneath their feet. "Fun?" Even his voice had no aloofness anymore. "There is nothing fun about killing. I can promise you that." The ape-like hollow began to howl and laugh at that statement. "Do you need proof? Proof that it's not fun? Because I'll show you that proof." Although Shunsuke couldn't see it, the ophidian hollow began to creep around behind him, eventually wrapping himself around the Captain.

Shunsuke... didn't resist. "I guess you want to see just how fun it is to kill something..." The hollow tried to squeeze. It couldn't. Instead, it was being pushed away. It was being overpowered from the inside, a near-impossible feat. And all of this while Shunsuke stared with dead eyes right at the leader. Once his arms were free, he finally glanced away. This was only to locate the head of the snake. And once he had found his target, he was back to staring at the leader. Shunsuke's facial expression showed no pain. It showed no regret. It showed no enjoyment, no struggle, nothing. It was empty... just like the Captain whose body that face was attached to.

Shunsuke's arms grappled the head of the snake and wrung it around to the front. He positioned the head upwards, as if the mask was a table. No... it wasn't a table. Shunsuke stuck one hand against the upper jaw and his other against the lower jaw. He began to pry the hollow's face apart, like it was a crab or a stuck door. This lasted for a few seconds before a final push of strength was needed to cause a stomach-curling splitting. The snake's head now lie in two places—each of Shunsuke's hands. The coils slumped, and Shunsuke now stood alone as the body began to fall apart.

He began to step forward. "Tell me... did I enjoy that? Did I smile? Did I laugh? Did I sing a merry tune? Did I skip and jump? Did I run around and frolic?" With each question, he took a step forward, and the others took a step back. By the time he was finished, all but the leader had begun to take multiple steps back. The leader tried to stand his ground, but that was not normal. This man was not normal. Shinigami or not, he was dangerous. "I am going to leave now. I have a friend to rescue." Shunsuke smiled a little with that. He wasn't entirely a shell. He began to turn away, still smiling just enough for it to be seen as something more than a straight line. But he stopped, and his face turned back to how it was as he took one last look at the leader. "If you will not let me leave, I will show you how much I won't enjoy killing you." The ape hollow growled and Shunsuke waved as he finished retracing his steps.

"Shun..." The sword, now back to its original form, was not the one talking. Instead, a cyan-haired young girl sitting on Shunsuke's shoulder was. "Fun, huh..." From both of his eyes, tears were beginning to seep out. He was no better than them... "C'mon, Amaterasu... we have a friend to rescue." Shunsuke made it back to the main cavern, where everyone had split off, about when the team with Kaminari entered. He could see her body. "IS SH—" "She's alive, but barely! Hurry, we don't have much time."

Shunsuke looked to the cyan girl beside him, tears welling up once more. She merely nodded and hugged him before fading into particles the same color as her hair. His entire body trembled. There was only one course of action right now. He was already atoning for one sin today... if he had to atone for more, it is best to ask for forgiveness in a single passing. "Ban...kai. Guide my hand..."

A Woman Worth Saving [Private] BankaiHeader2

Shunsuke Kotobuki

_____
GENTLE NO MORE

The roof to the first cavern was now marked with a large indention. Soon enough, the sound of steel against steel echoed. This was the sound of battle. And it was a battle that was about to end as he stood in the door and saw the cage... "▂▂▃▃▄▄▅▅■■■■■■■〓〓〓〓■■" What came from Shunsuke's mouth was a roar that could not be described with letters. A train scraping against the walls of a tunnel made a more pleasant sound than that. Shunsuke was only taller than his normal self by a pair of sandals that added an extra three inches. He no longer carried a sword. Instead, he carried a handle with broken, but sharpened, iron growing from it. But the biggest change was to Shunsuke himself. His eyes were far more vibrant than before and even were now glowing a striking vermilion. But they were empty, as if he actually were a shell now. And his skin looked like stone—grey and porous. And now he stared down both ally and enemy—for two different reasons. This was now personal for Shunsuke, and he was needing Joshua to get out of his way.

Back to top Go down
Dai
The Truth in Blue
Dai

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 9:34 am

She wasn't sure exactly how long she'd been walking for; the fact that she was so quick to jump into the next fight that threw itself in her direction was enough to make it obvious that she was bored as fuck. The Hollows fell quickly to her blades, one or two of the creatures screaming and vanishing into the sands, whipping up white trails behind them as they went. She spat at the ground, grumbling about how they weren't much of a challenge, and that she sort of wanted to try and fight that bastard from before again. "But, I guess that it'd be a bad idea, seeing as it took all of me energy to fight 'im last time..." She sighed softly, shaking her head. She was an all-or-nothing kind of woman, she could see that whenever she fought things like that--if it took that much for her to be able to take down someone comparable to Kenpachi, what would it be like if she fought Kenpachi again? Would she almost kill herself? She shook her head and continued to run through the sands, trying to conserve her energy on the trip as best she could. There were one or two nearby sources of energy, but none of them recognizable. They were all underground, after all.

Eventually, her feet carried her to the clearing with the caves. She jumped off of the head of the cave they'd entered and landed outside, looking around. There were no interlopers watching for Shinigami, which was something of a relief. She turned to look back into the cave, attempting to spot anybody coming from outside. At first, nobody seemed to be around--but she then heard the sounds of echoed footsteps as a group of Shinigami carrying a prone form marched out of one of the cave entrances--she recognized them as the Shinigami she'd sent with Joshua. She blinked and tilted her head, looking at them to see any sign of injury. They seemed fine, though the fact that Joshua wasn't with them worried her. She was about to head down the tunnels after her errant associates, when the prone figure caught her eye. Her breath left her, and she approached the Shinigami with a stern expression. They recoiled slightly, seeing the Captain without an eyepatch and wondering if this was really her--"A'ight, let's see it. How bad does it look?" They shuffled amongst themselves and showed her Kaminari, Sascha looking down, her stern gaze melting into worry. "Set her down nearby, I'll stay with ya's." The Shinigami nodded, placing the unconscious form down on the ground near Sascha's feet. She shook her head and took her seat next to her, pulling a small notebook from her body. "Oh, before I forget..." She produced a phone and dialed, putting it to her ear.

"Yes? Sascha, is that you?" Solas answered, slightly hurriedly, "Yes, is everything okay?" She heard a whimper, "Things might be getting bad, I'm not sure yet. A Senkaimon has been requested from the human world, in the Tokyo area." Sascha's expression hardened, "Fine, just... make sure nobody finds out what we're up to." The voice made a noise in understanding, before the call was hung up. Sascha sighed, pulling a pen and beginning to write in the notebook, all of the ideas she had gained from her fight with Bru, taking a sidelong glance at Kaminari's form every so often, tears edging her eyes.

"Hurry up everybody..." Her knees were pulled in closer to her chest. She felt vulnerable at the moment. Far too vulnerable.
Back to top Go down
Silim

Silim

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 5:36 pm

[Toja Hagiwara]

As fast as he could, Toja dashed back through the tunnel he had chosen. Since his destination turned out to be just an empty room with some Hollow trash in it, it meant that Kaminari was down some other path. Thankfully, the way back was actually faster right now - with both his mask and his Bankai active, his speed almost doubled, thanks to the jousts of flame shooting out from his feet to propel himself forward faster. Of course, that also meant that the signature of Reiatsu coming from the hole he disappeared into was way larger on the way back, and quite a few heads of the Shinigami that had accompanied Joshua were turned when the tiny Shinigami almost literally erupted from the entrance to the cave, possibly giving a few of them a good scare.

Still clad in his blood-red Kimono and adorned with both mask and tiara, it still wasn't that hard to identify Toja - not many Shinigami were this small and blonde. With a quick flip of his hand, Toja slid his mask up onto the top of his head, revealing his normal face underneath, with only one of his eyes showing the signature Hollow combination of yellow on black. With a quick flash step, Toja appeared next to Sascha and - Kaminari. Oh god, she looked HORRIBLE. Toja felt a nameless anger swell within him, but also a complete and utter crushing feeling of uselessness. He was her third seat. If anyone was supposed to be in such a terrible condition, it would be him - to take the fall for his captain. The other Shinigami on guard took a small step back as he went down onto one knee next to Kaminari, laying his right hand onto her forehead, surrounded by a slight greenish glow. The repulsion was immediate - something was definitely WRONG with her Reiatsu, and it would probably only get worse. Toja was no doctor - he was a battle specialist with skills in subterfuge and magic, not a medic. So of course, he couldn't do anything to help Kaminari. His eyes went over to Sascha, who seemed just as worried as him - it would be clear to her that Toja was, in fact, crying - a silent, but visible crying, tears streaming down both sides of his face, the Hollow side apparently crying black water.

"This... this looks worse than anything I imagined. We have to get back to the Seireitei, right now. If we stay here any longer, she might..." Toja found himself unable to complete the sentence, his voice breaking. The echo of his Hollow had vanished from his voice, and the mask on top of his head slowly crumbled to dust and was blown away into the endless desert of Hueco Mundo.
"You're in contact with the Seireitei, right? Give them our coordinates, we need the Senkaimon right now. I'd just tear a hole through, but..." Toja looked down onto Kaminari again with a pained expression. "I just got control of this thing. Even if I could open a Hollow-style gateway, I doubt it would be stable enough for her in this condition. I'm not sure if we could even move her back to the entry point we used, we need to get back NOW." Emphasis was placed on it again - sure, the others weren't back yet, but to Toja, it was clear that a Captain and a Vice-Captain would be fine here and find a way back. The warmth that the body of the small Shinigami was still radiating was quite nice compared to the harsh climate of Hueco Mundo, like he was a small radiator - but he doubted that some warmth alone would be enough to make Kaminari stable to survive much longer here. She needed help, right away!
Back to top Go down
Genpaku

Genpaku

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] EmptyFri Dec 26, 2014 6:29 am

Joshua's blade came crashing down on the Arrancar, and when he blocked Joshua learned several important pieces of information.  First, that the Arrancar was strong in a physical sense; with the whole of Joshua's weight behind the swing the Arrancar had managed to block the swing with one arm, though he had been forced to take a step back to counter the leverage Joshua had used.  Second, the Arrancar's wits were still sufficiently addled from whatever had happened prior to the Shinigami's arrival.  Third, the arrancar was primarily a brawler and looked to mostly use his weapon in one hand based on several small characteristics Joshua had taken note of in their brief interaction thus far.  And finally, whatever had happened here before Joshua had shown up had inflicted greater damage to the Arrancar, though not in the form of wounds.

Before the Arrancar had fully recovered from the rush, Joshua had figured out the next course of action.

As his feet touched the ground he jumped pulling his blade back and away from the clash, suddenly creating a lack of pressure against the Arrancar's push.  The jump was not a wasted motion though; Joshua was not a hand to hand combat fighter.  That, however, mostly meant that a fist fight was where Joshua would lose.  It did not mean that simply silly tactics involving using a big, dumb, and ugly Arrancar would instantly fail.  Joshua's feet crashed into the Arrancar's chest and in the same motion he Shunpo'd back and away, achieving the desired effect.

Joshua's motion brought him back towards the secondary door he had created for the rest of the Shinigami to use.  He jumped back once more to pass said door, coming to rest in the tunnel just beyond the manufactured exit.  Joshua held up a hand, and a brief shimmer as he whipped up a powerful barrier.  Powerful it was too...at least from this side.  Kyoumon was a strange and powerful barrier, able to shed or reflect most attacks leveled at it from the outside.  However, from the inside it would break like glass at the first hint of pressure.  This is why Joshua direct the barrier towards him, effectively declaring the escape tunnel as the 'inside' portion.  This of course had the result of locking him in with the Arrancar though.

He didn't mind that too much though; a calm smile had come over the Vice Captain's features.

Joshua's stance relaxed, his blade dropping some as he favored the Arrancar with an appraising glance.  Said Arrancar, for his part, had finished recovering and was in the process of trying to kill Joshua with nothing more than ugliness, spite, and scowling.  Joshua smiled wider.

"Now that we've got a quiet moment, why don't you tel-" Joshua began to say, but was rudely cut off when the Arrancar's fist collided with where his head had been.  Luckily, said fist found the barrier Joshua had laid down instead as Joshua appeared on the far side of the cavern they were now fighting in.  Maybe the Arrancar had taken offense when Joshua had taken up the lax stance.  Maybe it had been the fact that he'd cut the Arrancar off from chasing his target.  Maybe it was simply because Joshua was prettier than the Arrancar was, and that he hadn't cared when the Arrancar had glared.

"As I was saying," Joshua said, straightening up.  His sword still hung lightly in his hand, but his eyes were locked on the Arrancar just in case he tried something like that again.
"I just wanted to know what happened.  It seemed like someone cleaned your clocks with particular gusto.  Such so that you've yet to fully recover," Joshua said, because it hadn't gone by his notice that the Arrancar's energy was...wrong.  Not in feel but in sheer presence.  It just wasn't there.
"Don't you ever shut up?" the Arrancar growled, cracking the knuckles on the hand that had hit the barrier.  He was a tough bastard too; another thing noted.  The Arrancar shot another look at the barrier.

"Give it up man; she's gone.  You're not getting her back at this point," Joshua said simply.
"After I kill you, we'll see about that."
"What're you so interested in one of the captain's for anyway?"
"If the boss wants her, that's enough for me."
"Lot of hot water to get into for someone.  She sexy or something?"
Swift and brutal was how the Arrancar chose to answer that particular quip.  It was Sonido that he used, but simple brute force and spite propelled him across the cavern at Joshua.  His own blade came crashing down at the Shinigami.  Joshua twisted, brought his blade up, and with a flahs of sparks redirected the blade away from him.  Another swift motion bought him another dozen feet between the pair of them.
"Touchy, touchy."
"My mistress will see you ground to dust, little worm.
"So she is attractive," Joshua said with a smile.
"Show respect you miserable excuse for a fighter!  She is the former fraccion of the Espada and worthy of respect."
Joshua filed that piece of information away.  "What would someone so mighty want with a Captain who had nothing to do with the old war?  Doesn't make for very good vengeance," Joshua mused out loud, tapping his chin as he did.  The Arrancar chuckled at that.
"She cares not about the vengeance of a bygone war.  She cares not for your little group.  Her vengeance is reserved for one of you, and only one of you."
"Lot of trouble to go through to mess with one guy.  What did you do, never call her back?"
The Arrancar gave a scoff at that, shifting slightly.  "Even I don't know what her grudge with the Daigoro Ito is.  And soon it'll be none of yours as well!"

The Arrancar lunged again, but things were different this time.  He had time to notice the wolfish grin that spread across Joshua's face at the last piece of information and took it for an opening.  But as he closed the distance and swung a line of hot pain appeared across his sword arm.  Joshua stood behind him, the grin mostly subsided to something more mocking.
"It seems that's the end of our little conversation then.  Pity, if you had extended it you'd have lived longer."
As Joshua turned back a change came over him.  There was still the small grin, somehow mocking and light despite the circumstance.  Yet that merriment didn't reach his eyes.  In those burned something different.  Joshua's stance eased into something different and strange, a stance Shinigami didn't use.  With the katana it was weird; the weight was off what it should be, the balance too far forward.  Even after hundreds of years of practice the wrongness of it was noticeable.  But he didn't want to release his Zanpaku-tō.

This time the Arrancar hadn't even finished the motion of movement before another line of hot pain swept across him, this time on his left leg.  The arrancar had expected an attack this time though, and spun.  His blade swung in a wide arc aiming to take Joshua apart in some fashion.  Yet it didn't meet flesh and blood and bone as it had wanted.  It met steel and air as Joshua parried the swing, and then he struck out again.  Another wound, and then Joshua pushed forward.  Another wound, and another, and another.  Blood began to fall, and with each the Arrancar started moving a little slower as something worse than pain set in; fear.

It took maybe twenty-five seconds, maybe, before the Arrancar fell to a knee, bleeding from nearly a dozen wounds despite his thick skin and all his brutality.  Joshua stood, unblemished and unharmed, eyes still burning.

"You know, if you had your reiatsu I bet you'd have been an interesting challenge at least.  You'd have put up a good fight.  Its a pity that something got to you first.  That pity though isn't going to save you.  Little word to the wise; I'm not as kind or honor-bound as most Shinigami.  You're an enemy, and you found yourself in a bad place.  Too bad for you.

The Arrancar roared one last challenge, and burst from the ground in one final rush as he brought all the fury he could muster.  The blade came from below, an upward swing meant to cut Joshua in half if it was meant to do anything.  The arrancar was a crashing wave, a avalanche, and flurry of fury and hate and desperation.  His motion was everything it could be, a crushing force of rage.

Joshua took a single perfect step, and his blade pierced the Arranar's throat mid-howl.  Then, with one last motion Joshua tore the Arrancar's head from his body, and let them both fall.  A thought came to him then, and he looked down to the fallen enemy.

"My apologies.  I never got your name or gave you mine," he said, though there wasn't much remorse or sorrow in the words.  He gave a flick of his blade to clear the blood and began to sheath the blade.

Something came crashing through Joshua's barrier.  Joshua turned, blade still half drawn as he crouched slightly and retook a fighting stance.  However, what faced him was the captain of Ninth Division...in a sense.  Joshua felt the energy now, the overwhelming presence of a Bankai.  The Captain did not look happy, and in truth looked more berserk than Joshua much liked.  In a confined space like this...this had the potential to get messy in a hurry.

"You alright there, Captain Kotobuki?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Woman Worth Saving [Private]   A Woman Worth Saving [Private] Empty

Back to top Go down

A Woman Worth Saving [Private]
Page 1 of 1