Bleach: New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New Horizons has moved! Please join us at Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade!
Staff

Top posters
SerenityVerdant
Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] Vote_lcapRed-Letter Day [PRIVATE] Voting_barRed-Letter Day [PRIVATE] Vote_rcap 
Tsubine
Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] Vote_lcapRed-Letter Day [PRIVATE] Voting_barRed-Letter Day [PRIVATE] Vote_rcap 
Skididdlypop
Dai
Silim
Fuji Ren
Yuri
Genpaku
JJ
Ravana
Latest topics
» A New Change
Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:57 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Site Poll
Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:56 pm by Tsubine

» Problems
Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 3:41 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Captain of Division 8 (Completed)
Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 7:24 pm by Skididdlypop

» An era of change for the Sugiura~@
Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 9:37 am by Skididdlypop

» Official New Horizon Dungeons & Dragons group!
Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 8:45 pm by Nikana

» Maximillian Jürgen-Haaz
Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:04 am by Dai

» Hello Everyone!
Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:33 am by Tsubine

» Dai's Claims
Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:15 pm by Dai

Quick Links
Rules
The Storyline
Face Claim List
Application Checklist
State of the World
Canon Character Info
Tier List
SPC Information
Race Information
Human Information
Sōnansha Information
Sugiura Information
Templates
Arrancar Template
Human Templates
Quincy Template
Shinigami Template
Sōnansha Templates
Sugiura Templates
Vizard Template
Equipment Template
Organizations
Alpha Protocol
Espada
Gotei 13
Hephaestus Academy
Sugiura Kingdom
Vizard Squadron
Sub-Organizations
Statistics
We have 71 registered users
The newest registered user is Nikana

Our users have posted a total of 4318 messages in 694 subjects
Affiliates

Deus Mortuus, an RPG based around demonology.

Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tsubine
Beast of Possibilities
Tsubine

Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] Empty
PostSubject: Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE]   Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] EmptyThu Jul 17, 2014 10:58 pm

Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] Sprite1

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

"Lieutenant Makabe." A messenger of the 5th Division, whose job was not any bit illustrious nor dangerous, called out to the Shinigami ahead of him. From behind, she looked quite plain. She stood at 5'4 and weighed about normal. Her black hair extended to right beneath her waist. "Yes?" Even her voice, which sounded out as she turned around to face the messenger wasn't anything too extraordinary. It was lower than a girl's normally would. It carried no real emotion. It was full of suppressing emotions, and only that.

Everyone in the Fifth knew not to question it nor to feel personally attacked by her tone. It was just how she was, and it seemed that it wouldn't change. "Captain Hatakeyama has requested you to report to her in her office. That is all." Thump. Kei's heart and expression changed slightly. Although she may seem like a stoic, Kei truly was not. "I see. Thank you, I will report to her immediately." Especially when it came to the woman she felt she loved. Yes, Kei had feelings towards her superior officer. Normally, it's not an odd thing. People can be attracted to power, but Kei was not.

Kei was attracted to Kaminari... simply because she could trust Kaminari. Sure Kaminari was attractive physically, but that trust is what gets Kei. If Kei can trust someone, which she rarely does, to her it means something more than a friendship. However, that's because of a misguided teaching she learned while she was still alive. The only person she came to trust after her parents were brutally murdered was another woman, and that blossomed quickly into a very romantic relationship. While this did teach Kei quite a few useful things in some aspects of life and relationships, it did not teach her what a true friend is. Kei thus has three stages of someone who is not an enemy: ally, trustworthy (yet without full trust), and then love. Kei does not have the stage of "friend."

And Kaminari is only the second person to be at the final stage of her relationship scale. Her expression always softens when around Kaminari, and she feels she doesn't have to hold back anything. Well, except her feelings. Kei is still far too shy and unsure of herself to actually confess anything, but she's still far more comfortable around her Captain than anyone else. So when Kaminari requests her presence, Kei always hopes in the back of her mind that her Captain is going to confess feelings for her. She never does, but a girl can still dream.

By the time Kei reached Kaminari's office, her heart was beating much faster. Just thinking about her Captain excited her body. However, going in and being flustered would give the Captain the wrong idea... so Kei took a few seconds outside the doors to calm herself. It is just a normal meeting.... That's all Kei could tell herself to keep her body from becoming excited once again. She took in a deep breath from her nose, catching a good smell of the paper and wood doors. Exhaling, the Lieutenant of the 5th Division knocked on the door. "Captain... it's Kei Makabe. Reporting as requested." She waited on Kaminari to give Kei to OK to open the door...

Back to top Go down
https://newhorizon.rpg-board.net
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE]   Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 2:39 am

Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] Header2_zpsac937a0f

Kaminari was the one who received the mission for Hueco Mundo. She figured that she would be the one to make the journey, but was instructed otherwise. It was just a reconnaissance mission, so a Captain did not need to go along. Even so, there weren't many people that she wanted to send to Hueco Mundo. In fact, she didn't want to have to send anyone to that place. Too many times had Shinigami wandered into the depths of Hueco Mundo to never been seen again, to be lost for years, or to only encounter the most fearsome of creatures and hollow. The fact that she was now going to have to send her own troops into that horrible place bothered her, especially since she was instructed to stay behind. In this instance, there was only one person that she felt she could trust with this mission. There was only one that she felt would both have the skills and follow her orders to the t, without messing up or doing their own thing.

"Send for Lieutenant Kei Makabe."

Yes, that is exactly who she'll send on this mission. Her Lieutenant had the best chance of survival, the best chance of doing things right, and the best chance of coming back with the most information uninjured. Kaminari had the most faith in her Lieutenant, probably more than any other Captain had in their Lieutenants. The messenger was sent and Kaminari would now just sit at her desk, waiting for her Lieutenant to arrive. Kei was always on time, rarely ever keeping Kaminari waiting for more than a few minutes. As usual, Kei came in only a few minutes later. The messenger was fast, but Kei was always faster. "Captain... it's Kei Makabe. Reporting as requested." Kaminari glanced up toward the door with a smirk. She shook her head; was Kei ever at anything but 150%? Before she spoke up, Kaminari pulled out the paperwork needed for the assignment briefing. Once she had it placed on the desk in front of her, she sat back in her chair, and composed herself "You can come in."

Once Kei entered, Kaminari would keep her normal, serious, and professional demeanor. She was rarely anything else when it came to assignments. "Good afternoon, Lieutenant." she said and gave a short smile before picking up the paperwork again. Leaning forward in her chair, she placed it on the opposite side of the desk for Kei to pick up. "You are being given an assignment." she said and then leaned back in her chair again, "It seems that there has been some interesting activity within Hueco Mundo lately. They're not sure what it is, but it seems like a few power spikes. From what I understand, it shouldn't be anything to worry about, but we need to make sure. You are to take five members of your choice, excluding our third seat, understood?" Kaminari paused for a moment and waited for confirmation, "Alright. You will go and gather as much intel as you can and then report back to me. I am sending you with a team, yes, but this is still only a recon mission, understood? The team is for just in case circumstances, nothing more or less."

Kaminari took a deep breath and sighed, "Speaking off the record, Lieutenant Makabe... just be careful. I am not supposed to say anything to hint otherwise, but something about this... feels off. Don't come back to me injured." Kaminari stood up and returned to her professional demeanor as she stepped around the desk and toward Kei. She held out her hand and smiled, "Good luck Lieutenant. You may go."
Back to top Go down
Tsubine
Beast of Possibilities
Tsubine

PostSubject: Re: Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE]   Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 2:17 pm

Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] Sprite2

"You can come in." Kei took in a deep breath and exhaled soon after. She slid open the door, stepping in two steps before shutting the door. She made her way up towards the desk. And sitting behind that desk was her Captain, a woman of beauty. She wasn't voluptuous like some other Shinigami, but she did have her own beauty. She was slightly shorter than Kei, but that didn't bother her. Kei could tell that height meant nothing when it came to power, and Kaminari was the strongest Shinigami to her... besides perhaps Captain Zaraki. "Good afternoon, Lieutenant." Kaminari smiled lightly, and so did Kei. Kei's stayed longer than her Captain's, however. "Good afternoon to you too, Captain Hatakeyama."

"You are being given an assignment." Although Kei expected it, a mission briefing killed off any chance Kei had of Kaminari confessing if she had feelings for Kei. Of course, Kei didn't know that Kaminari didn't have such feelings, so the confession she was secretly always hoping for would never come. "It seems that there has been some interesting activity within Hueco Mundo lately. They're not sure what it is, but it seems like a few power spikes. From what I understand, it shouldn't be anything to worry about, but we need to make sure. You are to take five members of your choice, excluding our third seat, understood?"  Kei never understood her Captain's favoritism of the third seat... but it did make sense for someone near Kei's level to be left. That way, in case something DID go wrong, there wouldn't be too large of a power gap. "Yes ma'am."

"Alright. You will go and gather as much intel as you can and then report back to me. I am sending you with a team, yes, but this is still only a recon mission, understood? The team is for just in case circumstances, nothing more or less." Kei understood this meant Don't charge at the enemy. Kaminari didn't have to worry. Kei would make sure that if there was force used, it was only to be used in self-defense. But Kei was still worried... it had been nearly a century since the last major battle in Hueco Mundo, but it was long from forgotten. Kei hoped this wasn't the start of a second conflict... "I understand, ma'am."

"Speaking off the record, Lieutenant Makabe... just be careful. I am not supposed to say anything to hint otherwise, but something about this... feels off. Don't come back to me injured." Kei smiled again, like before. She was glad her Captain was worrying about her, but it just made Kei want to show that she could do this. "I will, ma'am. I will make sure myself, my allies, and whatever information we gathered will come back in one piece." It was a tall order, but Kei was confident she could pull it off. Kaminari stood up, which startled Kei slightly. Her body tensed up as Kaminari walked around the desk. She could feel her heart race as her Captain was nearing her. And then... her Captain put out her hand. "Good luck Lieutenant. You may go." Kei's heart calmed and her slightly-flustered cheeks faded back. "T-thank you, Captain. I will return once we have collected adequate information." Kei shook her Captain's hand and turned away, still slightly embarrassed about what had just happened...

68 HOURS LATER

"CAPTAIN!" The sounds of Shinigami running along the wooden floors echoed like a war drums out of sync. All one could hear was terrified screaming of their superior officer. The group finally reached the door of Kaminari's office and opened it without even asking for her permission. For them to do something so brazen... "CAPTAIN, THERE'S AN EMERGENCY!" The stand-in leader of the group, clothes tattered and sweating like he had just competed in the Iron Man competition, screamed for his Captain to help. "It's Lieutenant Makabe..." He was catching his breath, but still trying to get the Captain to hurry. "She needs... your help. There was a Hollow... even the Lieutenant is having trouble with it... We were sent away by her so the information we got would still get back... but she stayed behind to cover our retreat."

Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE]   Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 3:01 pm

The moment Kei left her office, Kaminari's stomach turned. There was something about this mission that made her feel uneasy, and that didn't change over the next three days. It was coming to the end of the third day when Kaminari was packing up her office. She had heard nothing from Kei and the members of her squad that went into Hueco Mundo, but that was to be expected. Thinking about it now, she felt that there should have been a maximum amount of time that they went without contacting the Gotei. With a two day break of contact, at least the people left in the Seireitei would know their friends were alright. Unfortunately, Kaminari hadn't even thought of doing that, so there was still no contact. Kaminari stepped out of her office, her Zanpakutō laying safely at her left side as usual. She locked up her office and began her way back toward her quarters. Kaminari didn't understand why, but she felt like something was off, so Kaminari went back into her office.

Everything was quiet as she searched through her desk, so Kaminari jumped when she heard the sudden scream. "CAPTAIN!" Kaminari hurried toward the door and went to open it, but before her hand made contact, her roughed up squad members ran into her. She took a step back and caught them before the first fully fell, the other's stopped behind him. "What is going on?!" she questioned hurriedly. "CAPTAIN, THERE'S AN EMERGENCY!" "What is it?!" she asked. She recognized these people as the one's who went with Kei, so she feared the worst. "It's Lieutenant Makabe..." Kaminari's eyes widened, "Explain! Quickly!" "She needs... your help. There was a Hollow... even the Lieutenant is having trouble with it... We were sent away by her so the information we got would still get back... but she stayed behind to cover our retreat." Kaminari felt a new anger rise in her stomach when she realized she was actually right about the entire mission. Kei better be okay.

"I knew I should have gone..." she muttered and then hurried out of her office with them following, "I want you all to go to the Fourth. Those that are seriously injured get treatment and have them send a squad over toward the Senkaimon." With a wave of her hand, a hell butterfly appeared on the tip of her finger. "Keep the Senkaimon open. Captain Hatakeyama is bringing her Lieutenant back and needs that done." she sent the message through the hell butterfly and then looked back to her squad. "I'm sorry..." she said worriedly and then shunpo'd away from them all. Kaminari felt like she had been messing up a lot as Captain lately, so this didn't help. Too much was happening in her life; this shit was stressful. With how fast she was moving, it did not take long for her to get to the Senkaimon closest to her Division. She didn't even speak to the gate keepers and just darted through the Senkaimon without any hesitation at all.
Back to top Go down
Tsubine
Beast of Possibilities
Tsubine

PostSubject: Re: Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE]   Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 4:09 pm

Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] Header5

Whatever this thing was, it wasn't normal. It was created probably to fend off intruders, and that's exactly what this thing was doing. Standing at over three times Kei's height, it was grotesque to look at. Its body looked solid, but a slash into it only made the sword seep through. It was like fighting jello, except the jello wouldn't break apart. Kei was the only one with enough general training to be able to fight it, but in her group, she had the weakest skill in Kidō. Not because of a lack of training, but because she had a natural blockage that was in the form of a birthmark. She couldn't channel energy right, and because of that... this monster was causing her problems. The only option she had left by now was...

"No... I can't use that. That would only further give away my position..." Kei couldn't do anything except hold back the gel-Hollow's blows and dodge its cero. However, one can only do that for so long before getting worn out. It had been a while since she sent her team back, and hopefully they'd be bringing reinforcements when they returned. But it had been a while, and Kei was starting to get out of breath. More minutes of the Lieutenant dodging the Hollow passed, still with no signs of reinforcements. Kei was beginning to get worried, but she couldn't stop concentrating on the large Hollow. "Damn it..." Kei pushed herself farther away from the beast. She was truly getting tired now, and if this continued... "If I don't do this now, I won't have a chance later..."

Kei raised her sword to her shoulder, almost in an exaggerated Kendo stance. She took in a deep breath and closed her eyes, only opening them as she yelled "Singe!" She swung the sword, the blade glowing as she did so. Sparks erupted from the steel and a small burst of fire engulfed her Zanpakutō. "Uzuki no Honō!" Uzuki no Honō, her Shikai. It was a fire-type, obviously, and it was beautiful. Not only was her sword now covered in fire, but her once black hair was now a beautiful burning red. The end of her hair was on fire as well, which only further added to her fiery beauty. Kei was about to slash at the beast when a tear opened nearby... Reinforcements...?

Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE]   Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] EmptyFri Jul 18, 2014 4:51 pm

The journey through the Senkaimon was normal. She rushed through, doing her best to get to the other side before something bad happened to her Lieutenant. Finally, the end of the line came and the door opened on the other side. She shunpo'd again, rushing through until she arrived in Hueco Mundo. Upon arrival, she slid to a quick stop and looked around until she saw Kei. She was a live. Kaminari sighed in relief. Well, she was alive for the moment! "PAY ATTENTION!" Kaminari yelled at her when she noticed the hollow moving in for the attack. Apparently her arrival in Hueco Mundo momentarily distracted Kei from the battle. The creature was very tunnel visioned on Kei, so he didn't even seem to notice Kaminari's arrival. She stood there and assessed the situation, getting a quick layout of the battlefield imprinted in her mind. She sensed around, making sure that she and Kei were the only one's here, so they wouldn't have to watch for a sneak attack. Kaminari shunpo'd forward toward Kei and appeared ten feet behind her. She looked up to this hollow and narrowed her eyes at it. It was odd and she couldn't tell exactly what this creature was supposed to be made of. It was large and had enough spiritual pressure to rival low level Captains. Kaminari understood why the group had such a hard time with it. "Are you alright?" Kaminari asked, but kept her eyes on the monster at hand.
Back to top Go down
Tsubine
Beast of Possibilities
Tsubine

PostSubject: Re: Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE]   Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] EmptyMon Jul 21, 2014 2:40 am

Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] Header5

The voice that screamed at her was probably the voice Kei both most and least wanted to hear. "C-Captain!?" Sure, any moment with Kaminari made her heart flutter... but for Kaminari to see Kei in this state... It hurt Kei. Not in any physical way, but she sure would have rather it had been a physical wound. "Are you alright?" Thankfully it seemed Kaminari wasn't going to actively participate yet. That was good for Kei. She could show off to Kaminari and prove she's strong enough to have her as a lover! Wait, no! That's not what she should be thinking of at this time. "I'm fine, just a little tired. The fact you're here..." Kei kept her eyes on the towering creature, but still moving to where she could see Kaminari through her peripheral vision. "That means the rest got away safely, right?"

The creature soon made its move. It was like a charging bull, raising its fist and slamming it in front of Kei. She blocked it with her sword, but it pushed her back far. She charged up, slashing at it... again to no avail. Her sword, despite being aflame, still passed right through it. That left Kei with one option, and one option only. "Since my sword can't do anything..." The one option she hated, as well. Kei's normal two-hand stance was replaced by a single-hand one. The creature charged again, but that's what Kei wanted. She put as much strength as she could into blocking the attack with a single hand... which worked for as long as Kei needed it to. As soon as the dust settled, Kei and the creature were standing there. Her right arm, holding her sword, had barely stopped the fist. Kei's left hand was extended, her palm facing the creature's torso.

"Hadou Thirty-One!" Kei was counting on this to work. "Shakkah—geh?!" Pain. It was like her arm was being burned from the inside while being twisted in multiple directions. The accursed mark she was born with was the cause. A scorpion, a natural enemy to magic, was tattooed almost directly where most pubic hair would grow. This caused her to have incredibly low skill in Kidō, or rather, have very low skill in controlling it. If she could successfully perform Kidō, it was generally more powerful. This was like putting flowing water through a narrow passage. The result would naturally be water with greater force, right? That was how Kei and Kidō worked. If she could get over that bar, then her Kidō might even be on a Captain's (though not her Captain) level.

However, that was supposed to be the end of Kei in this fight. That was the last of her energy. Her hair began to fade back to black and her sword's fire burned itself out. Now all that was standing there was a normal Kei, not able to use any bit of her powers. But Kei... would not stay still. Despite not being able to breathe properly... Despite nearly every muscle aching to the point of near collapse... Despite her vision being obscured by sweat... Kei would not stop. Kei would not let herself just retreat to rest in front of Kaminari. Whether it was pride or stupidity, Kei didn't care. Kei just didn't want to have to rely on her help. Kei just needed to calm down.

She took in a breath.
Calm down.

That's when Kei realized something. Earlier... the sword was able to block the attack. That meant that it was able to stand against the body. That's when Kei had a suicidal idea. It was the only thing she could do in her condition, of course. And there was no time to tell it to Kaminari. She took in another breath. The creature began to charge again. This time, Kei did not dodge. She did not block. Kei took the fist. She could feel bones break, but that was good. Using her remaining strength, Kei grabbed and bit into the Hollow's fist. She stuck her sword into it as well. This wasn't her being a "dirty fighter," but her disabling the Hollow's gel-like skin. Instead of it being like a gel all the time, the Hollow would shift between the gel mode and a hardened "attack mode." When in "attack mode," it seemed that whenever there was a threat, it wouldn't immediately return to gel mode. And that's what Kei figured out.

With a weak voice from probably broken ribs and an hours-long fight... Kei screamed to Kaminari. "CAPTAIN! USE KIDŌ, NOW!"

Inside her Inner World, a skull began to smile.
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE]   Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] EmptyTue Jul 29, 2014 2:30 am

"Yes. Everyone returned safely. I instructed them to Squad Four to be healed." Kaminari was probably the one Captain out of all that would never step into the middle of a battle as meaningless as the one that was happening before her. Even with the danger of Kei's condition, Kaminari kept her distance to let her Lieutenant fight. She was not planning to get into the middle of it unless it was absolutely necessary. This was how she was and how she always will be. There was no changing that. Of course, she was not expecting what happened next. The battle took an odd turn. The red faded from Kei's hair. Kaminari narrowed her eyes at this. She knew her Lieutenant was absolutely exhausted, but her stubbornness was getting in the way. If there was one thing she knew about Kei, it was that Kei was prideful and would not want to rely on Kaminari's help. This only made Kaminari continue to stand back and watch the battle, but she would die before she let Kei fall. This would not be her Lieutenants death bed, not while she was alive. Kaminari watched the battle intently, wondering what Kei would do without shikai.

And then the most unexpected happened. Kaminari's eyes widened. Kei wasn't dodging this next one. She'd block it then? No, she wasn't blocking this next one either. Instead, Kei took the punch. Kaminari felt a wave of electricity like spasms flow from the front of her body and through to her back as Kei was punched. Why!? Why would Kei just take the punch!? Kaminari moved forward to fight before Kei had a chance to speak. As Kaminari made it into range, she heard Kei's request, "CAPTAIN! USE KIDŌ, NOW!" Unlike Kei, Kaminari had not observed the weaknesses, strengths, and patterns of this hollow, so she was unaware of the reason for the moment. She would not doubt Kei's request though, and immediately raised the palm of her hand. "Hado 63, Raikoho." Kaminari said as she placed her palm on the torso of the hollow. That choice of Kidō would probably express quite easily how pissed off Kaminari was at the moment. It really wasn't every day that Kaminari would choose such a high level Kidō on a hollow.

As the Kidō was cast, at first it seemed like nothing happened. The hollow froze in place and suddenly it's back began to glow a bright yellow. A moment later, an extremely large burst of lightning that made it seem like over kill shot out the hollows entire back, leaving a gaping hole there with the sides of the hole melting down because of the amount of heat the lightning caused. A moment later, the hollow would fall back away from Kaminari's palm and to the ground, only to fade away from existence like hollows normally did. Dropping her arm back down to her side, Kaminari returned to her normal demeanor and looked over to Kei to see if she was alright. After such a long battle, there was no way this woman wasn't going to be needing a large amount of rest. "Come. Let's get you back." Kaminari said, wrapping an arm around Kei's waist and placing Kei's arm over her shoulders to help her walk, though Kei wouldn't need to put much energy into that. Kaminari would shunpo back into the Senkaimon, since she intentionally had it left open, and hurry back to the Seireitei with Kei, doing her best to make it a gentle run when she knew Kei was hurt.
Back to top Go down
Tsubine
Beast of Possibilities
Tsubine

PostSubject: Re: Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE]   Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] EmptyWed Aug 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] Sprite28

Honestly, Kei was expecting something slightly weaker. Maybe Kaminari was pissed for it having done that to Kei? Could it be something more than just a subordinate-to-superior feeling from her own Captain?! Kei's mind was aflutter while the Hollow began to destabilize. And for Kei, that was a good thing. The burst of energy didn't send her back too far. Somehow she ended up standing after landing, but it was far from stable. She couldn't even move her legs, so thankfully Kaminari decided to rush (at least in Kei's slightly-blurry vision of the situation) over to her lieutenant, wrapping an arm around her for stability.

"Come. Let's get you back." Kaminari's sweet voice was the only thing Kei could consciously concentrate on at this time. She just wished she could enjoy the private time they were having. With a weak and bloodied smile, Kei spoke up to her sole true friend. "Thanks... Captain..." Kei doesn't remember anything after that. Any action she took was her body and not her mind working. Her mind blacked out while she was saying "Captain," and so she simply walked along Kaminari while unconscious.

[THREE DAYS LATER]

With a light fluttering, Kei's eyes could see only a bright light. "Nngn... Capta—ah!" She tried to look around, only to notice her body was in immense pain with whatever she tried to move. She couldn't see the Captain... which did disappoint her, but she understood that someone as important as Kaminari couldn't be bothered to sit around all day, waiting on Kei to wake up. A nurse from the 4th Division heard Kei's exclamation and entered the room. "Thank goodness, you're awake." Kei stared intently at the stranger. She was getting too close for Kei's comfort. "Is this... the Seireitei?" Kei, even in her state, was ready to attack if this woman nurse had any hostile movements.

Thankfully, the nurse only nodded while grabbing Kei's chart. "Yes, it is. This is the Fourth Division's ICU, Lieutenant Kei Makabe." The more she looked around, the more she realized it was the ICU. No one would be able to replicate the gaudy taste in design this place had. The pastel mint walls with chairs that looked like they were taken out of Versailles or some other palace plus the horribly-chosen amalgamation of flowers in a dolphin vase... it all just clashed, even for Kei's eyes. "Do you have any pain?"  The nurse walked over to Kei's bedside, removing the blanket that was over the lieutenant. Bloodied bandages were covering her. "I think it's better to ask where I don't have pain..." A little, light joke might not be too bad for the situation. "It's hard to breathe... my neck and legs hurt... I think only my... er..." Kei thought of what to call... her... womanhood and its surrounding areas.

"...where that scorpion mark is... my face and back don't hurt." The nurse nodded along. "Considering you have 2 broken ribs, 4 cracked ribs, and the rest are all bruised... your breathing should be slightly worse. You also have minor fractures in both arms and legs, plus multiple large bruises across your body. The fact you're awake after five days is amazing. You are a tough one, Lieutenant." The nurse's kind, re-assuring smile warmed up the tacky room slightly. She was made for the job she was doing. Over the next ten minutes, Kei was talked through routine tests. The weirdest to Kei was the toe-wiggling. Kei didn't really like people looking at her feet, so... it was a little... embarrassing for the strong lieutenant. "Your injuries seem to be healing nicely. We were waiting on you to regain consciousness before we attempted high-level healing Kidō... but even that has some trouble with broken and cracked ribs. Please, get some rest, Lieutenant. You m—"

"No." Kei interrupted the nurse. No matter the sweet words or smile, Kei still had a mission. "Lieutenant Makabe, you may be a very strong woman, but you need to rest." Kei endured the pain and shook her head. "Not yet. Send for my Captain. I have very urgent information to tell her." The nurse blinked... She sighed soon after. Something told her there was going to be no going around what this stubborn Lieutenant wanted. "Fine, I will get someone to fetch the Captain of the Fifth Division for you..." Before Kei could thank this helpful nurse, she finished her sentence. "buuuuuut, you must promise that after your Captain leaves, you rest. Got it?" What? The nerve of this woman! Even with a smile on her face! Kei stared at the nurse, but the nurse returned the fierce glare. Kei admitted defeat after thirty seconds of staring. "F-fine. I'll rest, but only after my Captain gets here." The nurse giggled slightly and smiled, leaving to inform an off-duty nurse to fetch Captain Hatakeyama. That nurse was built for her job.

Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE]   Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 2:35 am

Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] Header7_zpsd1580ebf

The room had been silent for a while. Kaminari had received enough overly worried visitors and really didn't want to deal with many more. In fact, there really was only one she hoped would show up. Unfortunately, she couldn't contact him to explain what was going on or anything like that. She was stuck waiting for him to arrive, which would likely be in the next couple of days. Kaminari always knew Tsubine to be a man of his word, and sometime thought him to be a little too literal as well. So, she doubted he'd not show up tomorrow. It'd then be the seventh day and she'd have to give him his answer. The problem was, with everything that happened, Kaminari hadn't gotten the chance to tell a certain someone what she needed to tell him. That had been the entire point of giving her a week in the first place.

Kaminari kept her eyes closed and her body still, sort of hiding from anyone that might come visit or try and talk to her. A few peoples passed through, some wanting to visit, other's being members of Squad Four to give her medicine. Well, it wasn't just her in here. She had been brought into the same room as Kei, her Lieutenant, who was apparently sedated upon hearing the news about Kaminari's kidnapping. That was something she wouldn't mind, Kei waking up. That's someone she felt she could talk to right now. "How are you feeling?" a semi familiar voice caught Kaminari off guard and she opened her eyes to look and see Meiko, "You're not very good at pretending to be asleep, Captain Hatakeyama." Kaminari ignored the comment and moved on from the subject, "How is Kei doing?"

Meiko assured Kaminari that Kei was going to be fine and that her injuries were nothing to worry about now. She had gotten healing through out her stay here and was much better off than the other two. "You should worry about yourself at this point." Meiko said, walking out of the room without another word. Kaminari took in a deep breath and sighed it out. She was hoping the room was going to fall back to silence, but a welcomed sound came from her right. Kaminari turned her head toward Kei and blinked a few times. Her Lieutenant was waking up and a few bits of stress finally chipped off her shoulder. Kaminari watched Kei for a few minutes, speaking only to catch Kei's attention, "You alright? ...And before you say anything, since I know how you are, this isn't your fault... at all."

"It was mine. There was nothing you could do..."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE]   Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE] Empty

Back to top Go down

Red-Letter Day [PRIVATE]
Page 1 of 1