Bleach: New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New Horizons has moved! Please join us at Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade!
Staff

Top posters
SerenityVerdant
Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 Vote_lcapSaved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 Voting_barSaved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Tsubine
Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 Vote_lcapSaved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 Voting_barSaved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 Vote_rcap 
Skididdlypop
Dai
Silim
Fuji Ren
Yuri
Genpaku
JJ
Ravana
Latest topics
» A New Change
Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:57 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Site Poll
Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:56 pm by Tsubine

» Problems
Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 3:41 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Captain of Division 8 (Completed)
Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 7:24 pm by Skididdlypop

» An era of change for the Sugiura~@
Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 9:37 am by Skididdlypop

» Official New Horizon Dungeons & Dragons group!
Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 8:45 pm by Nikana

» Maximillian Jürgen-Haaz
Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:04 am by Dai

» Hello Everyone!
Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:33 am by Tsubine

» Dai's Claims
Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:15 pm by Dai

Quick Links
Rules
The Storyline
Face Claim List
Application Checklist
State of the World
Canon Character Info
Tier List
SPC Information
Race Information
Human Information
Sōnansha Information
Sugiura Information
Templates
Arrancar Template
Human Templates
Quincy Template
Shinigami Template
Sōnansha Templates
Sugiura Templates
Vizard Template
Equipment Template
Organizations
Alpha Protocol
Espada
Gotei 13
Hephaestus Academy
Sugiura Kingdom
Vizard Squadron
Sub-Organizations
Statistics
We have 71 registered users
The newest registered user is Nikana

Our users have posted a total of 4318 messages in 694 subjects
Affiliates

Deus Mortuus, an RPG based around demonology.

Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 2:07 pm

It seemed that Kirino's suspicions of a weak man were correct. Her intentional intimidated worked wonders, causing the man to cower in fear and flee as quickly as his shaking legs could carry him. It was a wonder how he did not lose control over his bladder while running from her. The reaction was priceless, though expected. The reaction she was not expecting was the one that came from Minami. She turned to the girl as Minami commented on her behavior. Apparently she was thought to be 'amazing' in that instance. "Thank you." was Kirino's bland reply to the statement. Only a moment later, Minami went on complimenting her. Though some might not like being called intimidating or scary, for Kirino it was different. Since that was her intent, the compliment was a good thing. She thought the compliments would stop, but they kept on coming. The man's reaction was talked about and then she was called strong. The look on Minami's face merely added to it all. For a single moment, a small shy-like blush crept onto Kirino's face. She widened her eyes and blinked a couple times. The moment her eyes calmed though, the blush faded; which was actually rather quick.

Minami moved on and answered her question from before. Kirino was correct in her assumption, though the previous events should have made it obvious. Minami had no fighting ability and lacked the spiritual powers that so many people of the world possessed. It seemed she wasn't too bad off, however. She mentioned being able to run faster and being a little stronger than that of a normal human being. Kirino assumed that there was some dormant ability laying within her. It would only take time to come out. Kirino actually couldn't help but chuckle at the next part of Minami's statement. "I don't think someone can 'try' and get spiritual powers, but it's interesting to find someone who thinks you can..." Kirino thought to herself. She crossed her arms along her body and under her bust. She was one of those people who figured power was something given at birth, though some have it locked away. In those situations, you'd just need something to become the key to unlocking those powers. Either way, it was time to get out of this area of the town. "Why don't we get out of here?" Kirino asked and began walking in the direction they had been going before stopped. "Can't say I feel like dealing with any more fools like that. Where would you like to go?"
Back to top Go down
Skididdlypop
Grand Strategist
Skididdlypop

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 3:39 pm

Minami's plethora of compliments and amazing was initially met with a simple thank you. It was rather...colorless, it was a simple thank you. However, there was a change in reaction after the compliments were laid on for awhile. It was deeper into the stream of compliments when Kirino looked at Minami's face that it happened. There was a slight blush, followed by widened eyes, on Kirino's face. Minami noticed, but she quickly assumed Kirino was just simply flattered by the compliments. It was after the blush had faded that Minami asked. "I'm sorry...did I do something funny?" Minami asked that just to make sure before going on and answering Kirino's question from before. After this a slight chuckle left Kirino's lips, which made Minami blush and get embarrassed a bit. "H-hey! What's so funny?" She was reacting in a way one might react when being teased by a friend. Minami wasn't even sure what to make of Kirino's crossing her arms over her chest. All Minami knew was she felt REALLY embarrassed for some reason. After a little bit Kirino asked why they don't leave the area, as she walked in the direction they had been going before. Minami agree'd with her about not wanting to deal with anymore "fools", so she nodded.

Minami picked up her stride and caught up to Kirino. "I don't know, I me-" It was right there that Minami's stomach growled, rather loudly. ... It was just one thing after the next, she felt embarrassed enough about what had already happened and now her stomach went and did that. She took a moment to regain her composure and spoke like she normally would when not embarrassed. "I guess it has been awhile since I last ate. I could use some food, how about you?" She asked Kirino. Getting something to eat was sounding better and better with each passing second. That was because each passing second her hunger was brought more and more to her attention. Once she focused on it, she couldn't ignore it. "Well, I don't need to eat if you don't wa-" As she tried to say she didn't need food, her stomach growled even louder. Obviously, it wasn't going to let her go without getting something to eat.
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 4:05 pm

"No. You did not." Kirino replied calmly, keeping eye contact with her as the conversation continued through to the blush. It seemed that Minami wasn't going to make a big deal of it. Good. Kirino wasn't one to smile, blush, or show really any emotion as often as most people. She still showed it, but it wasn't in her nature to be as happy and cheerful as Minami seemed to be. Though, Minami was able to push out that giggle with one of her statements, which caused Minami to react in a friendly way. This merely caused Kirino's smile to grow slightly and she shook her head, waving one hand. "No no. It's nothing." Kirino said and then dropped both of her arms back down to her side, "I just don't think spiritual powers are something you really can 'try' and get. I believe they are things that are born within you. And in your case, likely locked up until a key is found." As the two of them moved on and began walking, Minami's stomach decided to speak up for her. Kirino raised an eyebrow and glanced down to the petite female, a very small smirk on her face. Minami moved on to state that if Kirino wasn't going to eat, she didn't have to. Her stomach disagreed rather quickly, interrupting the sentence with demands of sustenance. "Well it's been a while since I've eaten as well... I can agree to sitting down to a small meal. Any place you enjoy?" Kirino asked Minami and then glanced around as she continued her way down the street and looked around for some place to eat.
Back to top Go down
Skididdlypop
Grand Strategist
Skididdlypop

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 4:35 pm

Kirino calmly responded to all of Minami's questions. When the question as to why Kirino was chuckling came out, she waved her hand and said it was nothing. Kirino soon explained how she felt spiritual powers worked. This was, of course, most likely correct. Minami, was not focused on that. Minami was focused on how she ended the statement. Her hopes were about to be crushed, but Kirino added something. She stated Minami probably had the ability and she just had to figure out how to unlock them. The little ribbon in Minami's hair actually seemed to twitch in a bit, almost as if perking up. In my case...locked up until a key is found... Did this mean that Kirino sensed something within Minami? No, it couldn't. Not a single one of her teachers or "friends" (whom were more of acquaintances) had sensed anything in the past. So did that mean Kirino just thought Minami had that kind of potential? She said little as they walked for a bit, pondering on this. Then came the time her stomach decided to speak up, and when the thought of holding off on food came up, it violently protested. Kirino stated that she could eat something as well. When the topic was brought up, Minami replied. "There are a few places I've eaten...but I've been told they are apparently really expensive. I don't know how much money you have, but I wouldn't feel right taking you somewhere where it would cost a fortune. How much money do you have to work with?" Minami asked, waiting for some sort of response. All the while she scanned the buildings for something that wasn't ludicrously expensive.
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 11:26 pm

Kirino wasn't exactly sure where they were going to eat. She didn't have very much money on here either. When that question was asked, Kirino moved her hand to her pocket and pulled out a wallet to see exactly how much money she had on her at the moment. She looked in the wallet and raised an eyebrow. "I've... got about four hundred and fifty yen on me..." Kirino raised an eyebrow. That wasn't much at all, so she looked around. "Is there a ramen shop around here?" she asked, "That is something I don't have a problem eating and I think will be cheap enough to accommodate the amount of money I have on me right now." Kirino spoted a sign that said 'Ra', but most of it was blocked by another sign. She casually pointed in the direction and headed in that direction. She hurried her pace just a bit, but kept her posture practically perfect. She walked with such grace, practically gliding over the floor she walked on. Soon, she came to the restaurant that she thought was one she would be able to eat at, but was immediately disappointed. The 'Ra' part of the sign ended up being Rakka, which translated to "come down". Kirino didn't care to read the rest of the sentence and looked back to Minami. At that exact moment, a low rumble echoed out of the pit of her stomach. "... Looks like I am hungrier than I thought." she said with a lower tone than usual, a darkened shadow over her eyes.
Back to top Go down
Skididdlypop
Grand Strategist
Skididdlypop

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:11 am

Minami watched as Kirino checked her wallet. Kirino only had 450 yen. WHA! Only 450 yen! Minami suddenly had her hands shoot over her mouth. The way she said it was not exactly good. She had done in in surprise she had ONLY 450. Oh my, I am so sorry. I didn't mean to sound like that. God I feel like a bitch right now. Minami's head was hanging a little low. Every time I meet someone, I always screw it up. That was not true of course, she never really messed it up so poorly. She felt like she did though, ever since a certain event happened she always felt like she had no real friends. When Kirino mentioned possibly a ramen shop, Minami's head went back up. She followed Kirino when she pointed out a sign, but as Minami came around she saw that it wasn't a sign for a ramen shop. Kirino's stomach growled just like Minami's had, causing a slight giggle to come out, despite how she felt she messed up. I guess you are hungry huh? ...Oh yea, there is one I pass a lot, I hear it is pretty good.. Though, don't worry about the price. I'll treat, as a way of...apologizing for my reaction earlier. Minami continued on in the direction of the ramen shop she had seen a few times. The ramen shop is this way, but speak up if you want to try somewhere else, as I said, my treat. She continued on forward with Kirino, who was likely following close behind. All the while Minami was still upset with herself on the inside. It actually wasn't that condescending of a tone. All Minami knew though was she had money and Kirino had less, she was unaware that slight shock at 450 yen wasn't much to worry about. She didn't sound condescending, and she didn't sound like a bitch. Still, she tried not to walk like she had been defeated.
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:37 am

That was definitely not the reaction Kirino expected from Minami. She had been so kind and modest up until that moment, and Kirino could not help but feel slightly insulted. Four Fifty really wasn't that much and since it had become quite obvious that Minami was wealthy, it was a slightly understandable reaction. She wasn't going to make a big deal out of it though. Minami had sorta beat herself up over it before Kirino had the chance to do it, so why make it worse? Kirino merely ignored the comment and went on about the Ramen shop. When the discovery of the fake Ramen shop was made and Kirino's stomach growled, she heard a giggle come from Minami. A quick 'heh' like chuckle came from her as she smirked at Minami's reaction. It was soon after that Minami offered to treat her as a way of apologizing for the reaction earlier. "Alright. If that's actually okay with you.. I don't mind." Kirino said in a calm tone as she nodded. She wasn't going to turn down a free meal. She really didn't have very much money and since she was not only insulted with a rude response about her money, she also sorta saved this girls' behind when it comes to those punks from before. Taking the offer on a meal was not that big of a deal. "And n-.. Hm... Seeing as it is going on dinner time, I guess Ramen might not be the best of choices... If there is any other place you feel would actually give a good meal and not cost too much, I wouldn't mind not eating plain noodles." Kirino spoke quite bluntly about that fact. If she were to go to the Ramen shop, she would get nothing more than a plain bowl of noodles. "Oh..." Kirino spoke up as they began walking. She noticed Minami's slight change in behavior and decided to say something. "Just to let you know. You're not a bitch. Don't think that way... all right?"
Back to top Go down
Skididdlypop
Grand Strategist
Skididdlypop

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:34 am

Kirino didn't turn down the idea of a free meal, she merely stated that if it was okay with Minami it would be fine. As they began to walk, Kirino did point out it was near dinner time and ramen might not be exactly the best meal. Minami agree'd. She didn't really think Kirino was poor, for some reason Minami felt that a woman with a body like that obviously had to eat properly to develop as such. Still, she still felt guilty about what she did. She didn't want to be condescending, she didn't look down on Kirino...despite having just met her, she honestly sorta looked up to her. Mostly because she had what Minami wanted. Kirino obviously noticed Minami's bad mood, since she suddenly spoke up. She told Minami she wasn't a bitch and not to think that. "Thanks..." She turned back to Kirino. "Just please, I didn't mean it how it sounded. It just...just know I don't look down on you. If anything, I'm jealous. You are so many things I want to be." Minami turned and started to walk forward again. "But yea, there is a place we could go, it is a little closer than the ramen shop. The food there is far more filling and tastes great." She led Kirino through the streets. They came at another crossing, which had cars driving by. Minami stopped to wait for the crossing signal, and then headed across.

They walked for a good 20 minutes, crossing a few streets and making a few turns, before Minami finally stopped. It was a nice little Japanese Restaurant. She opened the door, and as she had walked in first, she politely held the door open. Once Kirino was through, she let go and the door slid shut. Minami headed up to the woman up front. "Table for two please." The woman nodded. "Ah, Miss Minami, right this way." The woman knew her because she had eaten here several times before. She generally had good money, so the people seemed to treat her really well. Naturally, Minami followed and expected Kirino to do the same. They were seated by a window.. Minami took the seat on the one side of the table, and she assumed Kirino would take the other side. Whatever happened, once both girls had been seated the woman gave them both menu's. She did a polite bow before returning to her post. "Well here we are. I hope you like it, and don't worry about the cost. I'll pay for it all. It is the least, and only thing I really can do, to make up for what I said earlier." Minami said, a smile actually returning to her face, before she glanced down at the menu.
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 2:02 am

"I assume that is something you worry about? Being looked down upon?" Kirino blinked a few times as they momentarily stopped walking and Minami explained herself. "You don't have to worry about that. I've worked my behind off to get what I have. I may not be rich or even really well off, but that has made me stronger in ways that a lot of people do not and will not ever understand. If what I have is something that you want, then work for it. Powers aren't something that I can help you with, but being able to fight and defend yourself, I can. Though.. the level I am at is something I started as a young child, so it would likely take a long while to get there when it comes to martial arts or any weapon you choose to study..." Obviously, talking about fighting, training, weapons, and the martial arts was something that Kirino immediately got interested in. When she began talking about it, she talked a bit more confidently and there was a slight hint of excitement in her tone. As the two continued their way forward, Kirino followed Minami to the place that Minami was taking her. It seemed they both agreed on getting something a bit better to eat. The two stopped and waited till it was their turn to cross. Once it was, they continued on their way for about twenty minutes.

They actually walked for a bit more than Kirino had expected. She honestly thought that the place was going to be only a few minutes away, but they just kept on going, until finally they made it to the restaurant. Minami was in front of her as they walked towards the door. By reflex, Kirino went to pick up her pace but was beaten to the punch. Kirino casually walked into the restaurant as the door was opened for her by Minami. It felt a little odd to have someone else open it for her, but it was a nice gesture that wasn't often given. Kirino raised an eyebrow when the woman at the front actually said Minami's name. "Do you come here often, or does she go to our school or something?" Kirino said in a slight whisper, a little curious about it. As they were leaded to a table, Kirino followed and glanced around at everything, taking in the scent of the restaurant. The two of them were seated by a window. Kirino was looking around, memorizing her surroudings. It was something she really just made a habit after all of her training. She was very observant and was easily able to remember where things were. Hearing Minami speak up as she sat down, Kirino nodded. "Well thank you for dinner. I'm still unsure about what I will be doing for food at school, so having a nice meal before I start is great. Thank you for that." Kirino then picked up her menu and began looking through it.
Back to top Go down
Skididdlypop
Grand Strategist
Skididdlypop

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 4:08 am

Kirino looked to Minami and asked if being looked down up on was something she feared. Actually, it wasn't so much being looked down upon that was the issue. Minami just wanted someone who wasn't her parents who actually seemed to truly care for her. In truth though, Kirino probably hit the nail on the head. Being looked down upon was one of the greatest obstacles towards what Minami wanted, even if that wasn't exactly what she feared. "Sort of...I...I'd rather not talk about it." Minami said slightly sadly as they went on. Kirino started to explain how she became the way she was. It was nice to know, but the length it would probably take wasn't very comforting. Yet, it was interesting in how interested Kirino sounded when training came up. She sounded almost excited. It was kind of...Minami didn't quite know what it was, cute maybe? The word cute never crossed her mind though. "You really like training huh?" She asked inquisitively as they approached their destination. After they entered, and the woman said Minami's name, Kirino asked why she knew Minami. "I come eat here once in awhile, people remember me because I give larger tips than most." Minami whispered back. After speaking, the two girls sat at their table.

As Minami looked through her menu she heard Kirino thank her for the dinner. Minami looked back up from her menu and smiled. "Don't worry about it. I have money to spare and it is nice to have pleasant company. My parents actually give me a very generous allowance, and in exchange I help once in awhile when there is a lot for them to do, take off the stress you know. Actually, if you ever want to eat out with me, feel free to ask. I would love company and I would be happy to treat you." Minami glanced down to the menu and finally decided on her order. A waitress came up to take their order not too long after. "Yes, I will have some Tendon Donburi, some Udon, and some Hayashi rice, all large please." When all of them are large it is actually a lot of food, but Minami ate more than one would think. She always did wonder how she could eat so much, not be bouncing off the walls, and gain no weight ANYWHERE. She always hoped that maybe some of the nutrients would go to her chest or something. Actually, that is why she ate so much. She wanted to actually gain something of a chest, being an A-cup wasn't something she enjoyed. Along with her food, she ordered a glass of water. The waitress then went over to Kirino and took her order, politely asking "And you'll have?". Once that was done, the waitress would leave, leaving Minami and Kirino alone at the table once more.
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 11:41 pm

"Understandable." was Kirino's reply towards Minami not wanting to talk about her 'fear' and then she began to explain how she got the way she was when it came to her skill. Minami asked her about her joy for training and Kirino looked to her with a small smile and nodded once to give her answer. When Kirino asked a question and Minami answered, she couldn't help but let out a quick chuckle towards Minami's mention of large tips. "I see..." she said before they went to sit down. Now the two of them sat down at the table and picked up their menus. Kirino wasn't exactly sure how to reply to what Minami said next. Sure, she wouldn't mind taking this meal, but to just randomly ask for others later down the line? She doubt she'd do it. "Well... I can't say that's something I would do often, but it'd be nice to have a meal outside of the dorms every once in a while. I usually won't leave them..." she told her. Soon the waitress came and asked for their orders. Minami quickly gave hers and once she was done, Kirino blinked a few times and actually had a surprised expression on her face. "Um... Yeah..." Kirino quickly regained her composure and turned back to the waitress, "I'll have a bowl of Soba and two Yakitori please." Once she ordered, she set the menu down a the edge of the table. The woman wrote down their orders and then picked up both menus to take them back. "Your order will be here shortly." the woman said and Kirino nodded, turning back to Minami. Now, she was stuck. She had no idea what to talk about or how to entertain someone like this, so she stayed quiet.
Back to top Go down
Skididdlypop
Grand Strategist
Skididdlypop

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 12:17 am

Kirino thankfully didn't press on about what she was afraid of. She didn't want to have to explain it, she didn't want to explain it. Not to someone she just met. When the topic of training came up, it was confirmed by a nod Kirino really enjoyed it. As much as Minami wanted to be stronger, she didn't really see herself liking training as much as this woman. Minami was someone who generally preferred leisure activities. She would train to become stronger, sure, but she wouldn't get some euphoric high from it. They were finally at their table, but Kirino kind of hinted she wouldn't be taking up on the offer for more food. "Well, that is your choice. Whether or not you you think you will take it, the offer is still there. You ever want to take me up on it, feel free." Minami gave her order and then it went to Kirino. Kirino's order was a bit smaller than Minami's, but Kirino wasn't like Minami, who was trying to actually make her body more "woman" like. After the waitress took their orders, Minami turned her attention towards Kirino. "What's with the look? You look shocked." Minami was unaware of how much she was eating for her body size. Of course, she knew why she ate like she did, which was a little odd. After getting an answer, Minami was silent for a bit. It was a little awkward, considering neither of them spoke up. Somehow though, Minami could tell Kirino wasn't the most comfortable in the situation. Thus, Minami started up. "So Kirino, why did you come to the academy?"
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 08, 2013 11:49 pm

"I didn't think someone of your size would need that much to eat..." Kirino said rather bluntly, but soon spoke again after deducing things in her mind, "But of course... You likely have a very fast metabolism. Obviously a sign of a healthy strong young woman. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that." Kirino sat down perfectly straight, her back completely upright. Her legs were one over the other under the table and while they waited, her hands were placed gently in her lap. It was definitely obvious that she wasn't exactly relaxing. She was being very proper and polite, yes, but there are limits. Sometimes people needs to just relax and slouch, but at the moment she was unable to. She was sitting at a table and about to have a free meal with a young woman that she just met. This was something that she never thought she'd ever do, but being in a new City and not knowing anyone was making her take a few risks. Minami and she sat in silence for a bit, Kirino merely staring at Minami as if there was nothing else in the room to look at. It would likely be very awkward, but Kirino was unaware of the fact. She didn't really even know she was doing it. She was just trying to keep eye contact with Minami. She was soon asked a question, obviously to break the ice between the two. "To train." was Kirino's short and straight forward response. It was the truth though. That was her entire reason for coming to the Academy, nothing more. "What about you?" Kirino asked quickly so Minami wouldn't continue on a subject she wasn't comfortable explaining yet, "Why did you come to the Academy?"
Back to top Go down
Skididdlypop
Grand Strategist
Skididdlypop

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:40 pm

Kirino was rather blunt with her answer to Minami's question. She didn't think someone like Minami would need to eat so much food. Minami was about to respond, but Kirino followed up her statement with something that kind of undid what Minami was about to say, so she kept her mouth shut. Minami herself wasn't relaxed. However, she must have been more relaxed than Kirino. Kirino was sitting perfectly straight, which didn't look relaxed at all. The part that made Minami feel very weird, was that Kirino was staring straight at her. Her eyes were locked on Minami, and they never strayed from her. This of course helped prompt Minami's question, in order to reduce the awkward feeling right now. She didn't know what exactly was with this Kirino, why she was staring at Minami. Still, she wouldn't let this deter Minami. She wanted to make an actual friend, and as a bonus, Kirino would be one who could save her butt. Once the question was asked, two words left Kirino's mouth. To train. A small sweat bead appeared on Minami's face. "So brief." Minami said in a basically an extremely quiet voice. Before Minami could ask for an elaboration, however, Kirino flipped the question back at her. "Me? I came to the academy to try and obtain some sort of power. I don't like the thought of strange creatures walking around that I can't see, and thus can't defend myself against." Minami let out a bit of a dry chuckle. "Of course, I can't even defend myself against things I can see." Minami spoke in a slightly saddened tone as she looked down to the table, looking at her fingers as they nervously moved against each other. Knowing if something happened you couldn't do anything to help yourself was not a pleasant feeling.
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:06 pm

"I apologize..." Kirino said when she heard the quite 'so brief' come from Minami, "There isn't much to say about why I have come to the Academy. That really sums it up..." Yes, she had said it quietly, but Kirino's hearing was still able to pick it up. It didn't help that the restaurant they were in wasn't exactly loud either. She knew that Minami would like her to explain a bit more, but she wouldn't be able to without letting her complete history out on the table, and she wasn't exactly willing to do that with someone she had just met. So, she used the brief moment of silence to ask her own question. She pretty much repeated the same question Minami had previously asked. Kirino was actually interested in Minami's answer. First of, Minami confirmed that she not only had no powers at all, but didn't even show hints of developing them by not having the ability to see spirits. "Interesting..." Kirino thought and then raised an eyebrow at the second part of Minami's statement. "Creatures?" Kirino spoke up in a curious tone, "I assume you mean the demon-like monsters that they call hollow... Understandable. Though, know that there are other races out there that look no different than you or I when it comes to appearance..." It was about then that the waitress came with their food and placed everything down in front of them. Kirino glanced around at the food, calming herself a bit as she began to relax, feeling a bit more comfortable now. "Will there be anything else?" the woman asked and Kirino shook her head. "No, not for me at least... You?" Kirino said as she looked to Minami. Depending on Minami's answer, the waitress would do what she needed to do, but once she was gone, Kirino would pick up a Yakitori and take a bite. "Wow..." she said after savoring the taste, "Not bad at all. Thank you for the food Minami."
Back to top Go down
Skididdlypop
Grand Strategist
Skididdlypop

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 13, 2013 2:20 am

Minami was shocked, and slightly embarrassed, when Kirino responded to the thing Minami said. Minami had said it really quietly specifically so Kirino wouldn't hear. Either way, the conversation continued on. Minami went on to answer Kirino's question, which was basically Minami's question sent back at her. When Minami mentioned creatures, an eyebrow was raised. Kirino asked if she meant hollow, when specifically went on to point out there were others that look like most humans. "Oh no, I know that. I only said creatures because they aren't human." As the two chatted, the waitress returned with their food. When the waitress asked if they needed anything else, Kirino stated she didn't and then directed the waitress to Minami. "Oh no I'm fine thank you." As the waitress left Kirino took her first bite. Obviously she was impressed, even thanking Minami for the food. When Kirino went to look at Minami, she would see the small girl eating extremely quickly. Despite how large the order was, it didn't seem like it would last long. Minami glanced up upon hearing Kirino's words, and swallowed. "No problem, I'm happy to do it. Chow down." She immediately turned her attention to the food, she seemed hellbent on finishing every last bite. One would think that eating so fast wouldn't be the most attractive thing, but something about how Minami ate was kinda cute to some people.
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 5:52 am

Kirino didn't actually have the heart to say it because Minami likely didn't mean it in the way she took it, and also was too nice to get into a fight with. It also didn't help that Minami was the one paying for their meal. Either way, Kirino was actually slightly insulted when she called them 'creatures'. She wasn't sure of what Minami's view on them were, but calling them something like that sounded like they were animals or insects. When the two of them got to eating, Kirino was actually eating rather slowly and more mannerly than one would have expected. She wasn't paying too much attention to Minami, at first. She glanced upwards and blinked a few times. Minami was eating pretty fast and she wasn't sure how to comment on that, or if she even should. She decided against it and kept quiet, not wanting to offend the person paying for their meal. After thanking Minami when tasting the food, Kirino was told to chow down. At this point, she was unsure of what to say or do, so she did as she was told and just ate. She tried desperately to think of something to say, but the fact was she couldn't. "This is going to get awkward if we just sit here silently." she thought as she took another bite of her yakitori. She set the yakitori down, chewed, swallowed, and then turned to her bowl of soba noodles. She took up the chopsticks and stirred the noodles. Once done, she lifted the noodles and took a small bite. She nodded in approval as she tasted them and realized they were good as well. Feeling even more awkward because she couldn't find anything to say, she glanced off, slowly chewing her food as she did so.
Back to top Go down
Skididdlypop
Grand Strategist
Skididdlypop

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:47 am

Kirino's eating was a lot slower than Minami's. Of course, it was hard to eat faster than Minami. She just ate and ate and ate, of course she still felt the silence was awkward. She would glance up and see Kirino eating or glancing off to the side. For a short while they continued like this before Minami finally stopped, looked up, and said. "Okay, this is really awkward. Let's talk about something!" She said cheerily trying to seriously lighten the mood. She went back and took another bite of her food before stopping to think. "Lets see...well, we are eating. What kind of food do you like?" Minami tapped her chin trying to think of other things. She then shrugged and went on to keep eating, listening to whatever answer she gave. After a little bit she would stop eating, swallow whatever food she had in her mouth, and respond to whatever Kirino said. Afterwards, she would ask one more thing. "Oh, here is something. What do you do in your free time? You know, for fun?" This seemed like a good question. It generally isn't overly personal, and if there was anything too personal, they just didn't say it. It was a question that gave someone an idea of what the other person was like. Finally, if there was something the two had in common it could fuel more discussion, though somehow Minami felt there wouldn't be much in common. Still, talking about each other's interests could make a good conversation.
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 18, 2013 1:10 am

Kirino actually was startled by Minami's sudden cheerful exclamation about it getting awkward between them, though she did not jump like most do. She merely turned her attention back towards the cheerful girl. "I agree. Nothing more awkward than sitting in silence with someone you just met." she said. Minami quickly came up with a question, but it wasn't one that Kirino really thought about often. "Truthfully, I don't eat very much. I eat what is needed and only when it's needed. I've never really come across a food I actually enjoy eating just to eat it." she said and then sighed, "I'm... not used to trying to make a friend. I am quite a boring person, I apologize." That didn't seem to bother Minami though because she ended up asking another question anyway. "What I do.. for fun?" Kirino thought about that for a moment and then raised an eyebrow. Images of pinches boards, climbing poles, jumping from place to place, and other means of training is what went through her mind. "Eh... I really need a hobby." she mumbled under her breath and then turned back to Minami, speaking normal, "Only thing I actually find fun is training. It's all I've ever really done. I've never even concentrated on making friends and lost some years ago when I decided training was what I wanted to do. I like the idea of pushing my body to the limits and becoming stronger. That is something I enjoy." Kirino took up some more soba and then another bite of yakitori once she was done speaking. She quickly chewed it and then cleared her throat once it was swallowed. "Well... What are some questions I can ask you..." she said, trying to think, "Oh.. Those idiots that were picking on you. It was because you're wealthy, correct? What does your family do to get such a rise out them?"
Back to top Go down
Skididdlypop
Grand Strategist
Skididdlypop

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 2:39 pm

Kirino agree'd that it was pretty awkward when two people that were strangers sat in silence. In response to Minami's first question, Kirino merely stated she didn't really have any favorite food. She ate because it was a required bodily function, not because she enjoyed it. "Huh? Really? You mean you don't think anything...tastes good? I love food...and I guess I'm lucky, my metabolism doesn't make me gain any weight no matter how much I eat." Minami then moved onto the next question. Kirino called herself a boring person and Minami shook her head. "So you aren't the best in social situations. You're like most people, and you aren't boring. It is interesting to hear someone say they don't ever eat for pleasure. It is...different, at least to me." When the conversation moved on to what Kirino did for fun, there was a slight mumbling under Kirino's breath. Minami heard something, but not what was actually being said. She did get a little worried that she herself was annoying Kirino. Yet Kirino went on to answer her question. "Training? So you came to train and you enjoy training. Well, that makes perfect sense. I...never really trained...or even tried to. I can't say much else, since I don't know what it is like." Now, Kirino went on to ask Minami some questions. Her first one had to do with money. "It isn't really what my family does, but just the fact that I HAVE the money. They just can't stand it when someone has more than they do so they pick on them. To be honest, I don't know the specifics. I just know that they own a chain of businesses that is all over the world, in practically every country. It is very successful, so there is a lot of income." Minami looked off to the side. "I hate it when people judge everyone based off of money. I guess they assume that since I am rich, I am automatically a snob."
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 4:34 pm

"You don't gain weight... Lucky." Kirino said to her, "I do, but the shit always goes to one area. I swear I am going to have back problems within the next few years if it doesn't stop." Kirino's response was actually full of some emotion, something that hadn't happened since the two first started talking. After calling herself boring, she was instantly told otherwise and the conversation moved on. The moment they began talking about training, Minami said she had never even attempted such. "You likely should do something to change that. If you do, then you won't be stuck in a situation like you were a while ago." Kirino told her rather bluntly, but it was the truth and wasn't that harsh. The fact was, if Minami got caught in that type of situation again, the likelihood of Kirino being there to help, or anyone being there for that matter, was actually sorta low. Kirino would end up a little pissed off if Minami was jumped by a bunch of thugs and hurt badly, or worse, just because she couldn't defend herself. "I think I should of just said that out loud... Might as well." Kirino thought and then spoke up, "What I mean is... Next time, who is to say that you'll have anyone there that would be willing to help and if they were helping, would they have the skills to do so..." Kirino then asked Minami about what her family did to get a rise out of those morons and it was explained. Kirino stayed quiet until Minami's final sentence. "Well you aren't the only one..." Kirino said with a chuckle, "People assume because I'm poor that I'm some sort of redneck or hick... I always thought that was something used for Americans or those in the West, but whatever... I actually was called a peasant at time. I kicked her ass" Kirino actually said that in a funny way, but she was so serious about it. She didn't mean for it to be a joke, which made it funnier.
Back to top Go down
Skididdlypop
Grand Strategist
Skididdlypop

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 5:08 pm

Kirino mentioned how all her weight went to a certain area. Minami knew exactly where Kirino meant. She had actually glanced at Kirino's chest more than a few times, though she didn't know why she kept looking. "I wish it went there for me. I mean, I'm not asking for much...but just a LITTLE something more there would be nice." The conversation started to feel more natural as the two began some genuine conversation. When Minami mentioned how she never trained, Kirino immediately went on to say she should. Of course Kirino would think that, she enjoyed it. Minami however, wasn't Kirino. Though, Kirino made a lot of sense. If Minami could fend for herself, then she would be better off. "I guess you have a point." Minami remained silent, but before she decided to speak up Kirino continued, stating next time she might not be as lucky. "I know I know, don't remind me! She said, embarrassed that Kirino brought that fact up. She was aware the only reason she was in once piece was because of Kirino. It was embarrassing, and yet maybe it caused Minami to develop a bit of admiration for Kirino. She rescued her, and she was powerful. The subject eventually shifted to money, and Kirino agree'd on how caught up with money people were. Kirino had never stated it and Minami didn't know, but it was now said that she was poor. She went on to tell stories about how people looked down on her. Her last statement, the abrupt "I kicked her ass", made Minami start giggling a bit. "Kicked her ass, well she sounds like she deserved it. Though, I realize something. We're opposites. I'm rich, you're poor. I'm weak, and you're strong. Yet, we have the same problem when it comes to people judging us by money. Sure, the exact reasoning is reversed, but it is very similar." Minami went on. "I never would have guessed you were poor. Not like it really matters or changes anything though. People are people right?"
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 7:38 pm

Kirino noticed that Minami kept glancing down to her chest, but she assumed that was because of their current conversation and sorta pushed it off. Minami's reaction towards it was completely opposite of Kirino's, making her laugh a little. Then they moved to the training topic. "I did not mean to come off offensive. I have a feeling I did..." Kirino said and rubbed the back of her head, "God I am not used to this..." That last statement referring to speaking to someone on an equal friendship level. Usually, when she was training, it was teacher and student. Sometimes she was the student, others she was the teacher. She's never had to talk on equal grounds. Then, when Kirino brought up the fact that she wouldn't likely be there next time, Minami reacted in a manner that made her fell like she offended her again. "Eh... Sorry." Kirino said and then completely dropped that subject. It didn't seem like a good conversation keeper. It was time to move on from it, at least before she lost a friend she just barely made. So then she went on to talk about money and status. There were names that she had been called in the passed, so she explained that. The only difference was that Kirino would kick someone's ass, not talk them down. And right back off that subject. No more fight talk, or anything that would lead to training talk. Her last sentence seemed to entertain Minami, which shocked Kirino because she meant it completely seriously.

"Hm... We are opposites, aren't we..." Kirino said as she examined Minami up and down, "From what I can tell, your hair is on the shorter side, mine's long as hell. You're on the petite side, I'm tall. You're chest is on the petite side, mines back breaking. You love food, I don't... Well they do say opposites attract." Minami continued talking and said she would never have guessed that she was poor. "Well this outfit is new, uncomfortable, and likely never to be worn again... If that is why you assumed other wise. If you saw what I usually wore, I think I'd be a bit more intimidating... Just half jeans and half a shirt. Most comfortable thing ever, in my opinion..." Through out their conversation, Kirino's food was completely finished, nothing left. She sat back, perfectly straight, and just awaited Minami to finish or continue to talk. "So, is there anything else you'd want to know?" Kirino asked, "Oh, and if ya don't mind, I'd like to know the way back to my dorm, since you're sorta right next to it... After you're finished of course. No rush."
Back to top Go down
Skididdlypop
Grand Strategist
Skididdlypop

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2013 9:34 am

As the topic moved to training, Kirino immediately apologized after hearing Minami's reaction. "No...you didn't come off as offensive, all I said was you had a point." It seemed like Kirino felt like she was backed into a corner or something. She apologized again when Minami said not to remind her. "You don't have to apologize for everything...that reaction wasn't me being upset at you or anything." When Minami mentioned how they were opposites, Kirino agree'd. She went on to list quite a few things that were different about each other. Normally Minami would flip out on her chest being mentioned as flat, but Kirino used the word petite, so Minami left it alone. When Minami said she didn't notice Kirino was poor, Kirino mentioned how uncomfortable the outfit was and described her usual outfit. In Minami's head...it didn't add up. A little thought bubble showed the LEFT half of a pair of pants, and the left half of a shirt, as if someone had just taken scissors and cut vertically down the center. "How is that comforta....I'm imagining it wrong." Minami merely said, not explaining what she was thinking. Kirino asked if there was anything else Minami wanted to know, and then mentioned she'd like to go back when Minami was done. Minami took one last big bite upon hearing this, which finished her food. "No, I'm ready." The waitress came and cleaned up the table, and Minami payed the bill. "Alright, lets get going." Minami went for the door. If Kirino tried, she'd probably end up opening it first. If she held it open, Minami would go through. Otherwise, Minami would simply walk through the door. It was getting a little late, so it was definitely time for them to be getting home. As Minami led Kirino through the streets, she thought for a moment. "So...have you ever had a crush on someone or gone out with someone?" Minami asked bluntly, and extremely curiously.
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 6:27 pm

"Well that's good..." Kirino nodded and smiled a bit when she was told that she had not come off offensive. As the conversation went on, Kirino stated their differences, which was happily not taken to any offense, and then moved on to the outfit she was currently wearing. She saw a funny look on Minami's face and blinked a couple of times. Kirino couldn't help but giggle at what Minami said next. She must have been imagining it wrong, yep. Kirino just let it be. Since they were gonna be living next to one another in the dorms, she'd likely be seeing a lot more of her, so she'll get the outfit sooner or later. Soon the food was all eaten and they were ready to get up and get outta there. Minami took the bill like she said she was going to and then they got up and made their ways towards the door. Kirino took lead and made it to the door first, opening up the door for Minami. She held it open and allowed Minami to make her way through. Once she had, she too stepped out and looked up to the night sky. It was getting rather late, so it would be best if they decided to head straight to the dorms. The two began walking through the streets, Kirino following Minami's lead. At first it was quiet and Kirino merely looked around and took note of certain buildings. It wasn't too long before a question popped up that Kirino was not expecting. When the question was asked, Kirino raised her arms above her head and stretched. "Nope..." she said casually, with no intent behind it at all, "I have yet to find myself attracted to someone of my own gender and those of the opposite are terribly frightened of a woman with power. Cowards... and weaklings. That is what they are to be called... So.. what about you? Got anyone on your mind? Or have you ever?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]   Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Saved: A Stroke of Luck [CLOSED]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next