Bleach: New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New Horizons has moved! Please join us at Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade!
Staff

Top posters
SerenityVerdant
One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] Vote_lcapOne is the Loneliest Number [Closed] Voting_barOne is the Loneliest Number [Closed] Vote_rcap 
Tsubine
One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] Vote_lcapOne is the Loneliest Number [Closed] Voting_barOne is the Loneliest Number [Closed] Vote_rcap 
Skididdlypop
Dai
Silim
Fuji Ren
Yuri
Genpaku
JJ
Ravana
Latest topics
» A New Change
One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:57 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Site Poll
One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:56 pm by Tsubine

» Problems
One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 3:41 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Captain of Division 8 (Completed)
One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 7:24 pm by Skididdlypop

» An era of change for the Sugiura~@
One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 9:37 am by Skididdlypop

» Official New Horizon Dungeons & Dragons group!
One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 8:45 pm by Nikana

» Maximillian Jürgen-Haaz
One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:04 am by Dai

» Hello Everyone!
One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:33 am by Tsubine

» Dai's Claims
One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:15 pm by Dai

Quick Links
Rules
The Storyline
Face Claim List
Application Checklist
State of the World
Canon Character Info
Tier List
SPC Information
Race Information
Human Information
Sōnansha Information
Sugiura Information
Templates
Arrancar Template
Human Templates
Quincy Template
Shinigami Template
Sōnansha Templates
Sugiura Templates
Vizard Template
Equipment Template
Organizations
Alpha Protocol
Espada
Gotei 13
Hephaestus Academy
Sugiura Kingdom
Vizard Squadron
Sub-Organizations
Statistics
We have 71 registered users
The newest registered user is Nikana

Our users have posted a total of 4318 messages in 694 subjects
Affiliates

Deus Mortuus, an RPG based around demonology.

One is the Loneliest Number [Closed]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dai
The Truth in Blue
Dai

One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: One is the Loneliest Number [Closed]   One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 8:03 am

One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] Wb299w
"God-fucking-DAMNIT!" The pillow was receiving a beating today, Daigoro sitting on his bed and hitting it repeatedly with anger in his eyes. "Who does that woman think she is, telling me specifically that I cannot be there to help save Kaminari, despite the fact that it was clearly my fault!" The pillow was picked up and thrown at the wall, bouncing off of it and landing on Daigoro's bed in front of him again. He growled quietly, putting his hands onto the soft object and shaking his head. "Just because she's a fucking Captain. Just because she's that, doesn't mean she can tell me no." His breathing was heavy, and his eyes were laced with wet tears. "And to top it all off, the woman who took her was none other than that harlot Lasciel." Standing up and clambering off of the bed, he huffed and shook as he looked around the immaculate room. His face was contorted in a mixture of pain, anger and sadness--every fibre of his being wanted to march into Hueco Mundo alone and kill that bitch. But it was orders, wasn't it? He was to remain here, otherwise he'd be playing directly into Lasciel's hands. He had to stay behind, in order to avoid compromising the mission. "But all I want to do is fix my mistakes." He frowned and looked up.

It would have been easy enough for him to simply walk home with Kaminari. I mean, there was nothing more to it. He could've walked back with her, taken her back to the barracks and it would have been kosher. Instead, Drunk-Dai made a stupid decision. Drunk-Dai left the woman behind. Then again, what would it have mattered? If they were being tailed, would it have been possible for Dai to just have been knocked out then and there? Every single possibility of occurrence flickered through his mind, and he brought his hands up to his temples, sitting down and growling again. Tears slowly began to flow, and no matter how he tried to shake them off, he could do naught but sit there and cry. He had thought that losing Manae would be the last time he could've felt that lonely.

He was wrong.

Last edited by Dai on Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: One is the Loneliest Number [Closed]   One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 9:02 am

One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] PosterHeader1_zpsb64c3ff5
What could she do besides listen. He was blaming himself for it all. She couldn't step in and tell him it wasn't his fault, could she? Even she knew that mistakes were made, no matter how much she'd rather deny it. She placed her hand up against his door, listening to the man she cared so much for yell at himself. She stood there with her head lowered. With each anger filled word she heard him speak, her heart ached. She clenched the hand that was against his door. She had to help him. Should she knock? She hadn't knocked on his door in years, so it probably wasn't the best time to change that. Sometimes a sense of normalcy is all one needs to be pushed even the slightest toward ease. Sighing and bracing herself for a wall of foul language and bursts of anger, she pushed his door open and stepped inside. Stepping into this room while he was in this state of mind felt like stepping into an abyss. Midori did not know what would come of it, but was hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. And in seeing him cry, her heart sank even more.

"For the first time in a long time, I'm not entirely sure what to say." she spoke up as a way of announcing herself. If he turned to her, he'd see the woman he knew as cheerful and kind standing in his doorway with her head lowered in despair. She too was very worried for Captain Hatakeyama. Midori wanted her friend to return to the Soul Society safely probably about as bad as Daigoro did. She could only imagine how worried he was about his best friend. "K-Kaminari is s-strong." she stuttered through her own tears, trying to fight her sobbing, but failing horribly, "And... so is C-Captain Koenig." Midori stepped toward him and right placed her hand into his. She pulled him over to the bed and sat down. Wiping the tears from her eyes with her other hand, she squeezed a little tighter onto his. "Kaminari is going to be fine. She will come back safe. They will bring her back. And when she does return, you will see that none of this was your fault." Midori tried her best to smile, brushing his hair back out of his face and wiping a tear from his cheek.
Back to top Go down
Dai
The Truth in Blue
Dai

PostSubject: Re: One is the Loneliest Number [Closed]   One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 9:20 am

"For the first time in a long time, I'm not entirely sure what to say." Slowly, ever so slowly, his eyes would move from their place on the floor and move up to look into her eyes. If she looked closely enough, she would be able to see the regret and sadness that permeated his thoughts. His entire body shook with fear, and for the first time in a long time, Daigoro Ito--the Iron Wall--was vulnerable and scared. He stood in place, watching her while she moved around, looking back at him. "K-Kaminari is s-strong." He swallowed, closing one eye as she approached closer to him, green hair fluttering slightly in the air around her. "And... so is C-Captain Koenig." She stepped in closer once more, placing her right hand in his. He wasn't sure why, but his fingers instinctively locked in place around hers and he felt himself just staring into her eyes for a few seconds, watching where she was looking, trying to see if he could uncover exactly what it was she was thinking about. His heart beat slightly in his chest, and he shook a little bit more as she lead him towards the bed, sitting down beside him. He finally managed to break away from her eyes, looking down at the ground again. "Sure, they may be strong. But that means nothing for me. I just want to fix my error.

He looked back up towards her, seeing that she was raising a hand up to wipe a tear from her eyes. He frowned slightly and reached up with his free hand, wiping away a couple of tears from her cheek. Now that he thought about it, he had never had the chance to see her up from this close before--she was a lot more beautiful from this distance than he had considered. His fingers lingered on her cheek for a moment more, before moving away and back to his lap. "Kaminari is going to be fine. She will come back safe. They will bring her back. And when she does return, you will see that none of this was your fault." He felt her soft fingers gingerly moving across his face, trying their best to comfort him and tidy him up. He sighed softly, reaching up to his face and taking her other hand in his, pulling it down and to his lap, holding them both while frowning. "You say that, but I'm the one they want," He sighed again and let go, looking at a distant wall with narrowing eyes, "No matter what I say or think, I know that they're after me. Their leader, Lasciel, appears to have some kind of grudge against me--one that I am not sure I understand, frankly..." He looked back at her once more, cheeks reddening when he noticed just how much closer he'd shimmied towards her while he was speaking.

Last edited by Dai on Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: One is the Loneliest Number [Closed]   One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 9:38 am

"Sure, they may be strong. But that means nothing for me. I just want to fix my error. Midori shook her head at that comment. She would not tell him any different because it may make things worse and she only wanted to help. She saw no error, at least from what she knew. That's one thing that was wrong, she didn't know everything. She knew he had been with Kaminari last night, otherwise he would never have... yeah. She threw those thoughts from her mind quickly, concentrating only on helping him in the present. And when he let go, she wanted so badly to ask him not to. She couldn't. Even thinking about expressing herself in that manner, here, now, or any other time, just felt too wrong. She felt guilty just caring about him as much as she did when she knew he was still broken over Manae. "You say that, but I'm the one they want. No matter what I say or think, I know that they're after me. Their leader, Lasciel, appears to have some kind of grudge against me--one that I am not sure I understand, frankly..."

Midori lowered her head for a moment and then smiled at him. "It's something that just crossed my mind, but..." she turned on the bed and looked toward the floor. Placing her hands on the bed at her sides, she leaned her head toward him and looked him in the eyes. "What do you think would have happened if they had gotten you over Kaminari?" Midori stood up and began straightening up his room the way she always dead. He had made a little bit of a mess since she was here a few hours ago. "I think I know..." she said as she straightened up his pillows, "We wouldn't know. You would have completely disappeared on us and the chance of seeing you again would have been low. Kaminari would hunt and I would hunt, and we'd never find you. Because if they got you over Kaminari, there wouldn't have been a note, there wouldn't have been a hint. They would have killed you and I don't think either Kaminari or myself could handle that. At least this way, there is a chance to bring Kaminari back. Do you understand what I mean?"
Back to top Go down
Dai
The Truth in Blue
Dai

PostSubject: Re: One is the Loneliest Number [Closed]   One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 10:07 am

"It's something that just crossed my mind, but..." She looked at him, and his heart skipped several beats. For some reason, he couldn't exactly break his eyes away from hers. "What do you think would have happened if they had gotten you over Kaminari?" His mouth opened slightly in response, but he couldn't seem to get the words out. There was a pain in those eyes that he recognized--a pain that he'd seen in the mirror one-too-many-times. Their eyes broke away, and Midori stood up to start tidying up the room; apparently even when there was a situation like this going on she would still continue to do such a thing. She wasn't even supposed to be doing anything today. It was... strange, to him, that she'd be here like this. She had only come around to clean his house, right? Shaking his head, he looked up at her with a worried expression. "We wouldn't know. You would have completely disappeared on us and the chance of seeing you again would have been low. Kaminari would hunt and I would hunt, and we'd never find you." He swallowed a little, watching her with an expression of near-sorry, trying to recognize her demeanor, and trying to understand a few things himself.

" Because if they got you over Kaminari, there wouldn't have been a note, there wouldn't have been a hint. They would have killed you and I don't think either Kaminari or myself could handle that." He bit his bottom lip, shaking his head. Why did she speak like that? She was a friend, a guardian--nothing more! He didn't understand why she would talk like this. His mind went back to the day that he'd woken up from the long period of unconsciousness. He thought about how they had first spoken, interacted with each other. It was a simple offer: she was attempting to get him back on his feet, so she said that she would help clean his apartment in the barracks and keep him fixed up. He agreed, but did not expect her to arrive every day, exactly at 7am. Eventually, he managed to convince her to arrive every other day--though this took about six months. After this, it took effectively two years for him to convince her to only come twice a week, and to do that he needed to pay her. He'd felt guilty about it, but at the same time he wondered if he could even function properly without her anymore. She was just so much a part of his life--they were practically married. He looked back up at her and finally understood why she was looking so worried.

"At least this way, there is a chance to bring Kaminari back. Do you understand what I mean?" He nodded, and got to his feet, at least a little bit shakily. --stop keeping her waiting... Y-Ya -hic- jerk." Even when being kept prisoner in Hueco Mundo, Kaminari's presence seemed to echo in the back of his mind. She said a line that he couldn't quite recall, not understanding who or why it was said. However, something finally clicked and he walked up to her, placing a light hand on her shoulder and pulling her in close to his body, wrapping his arms around her and hugging her tightly. For the first time in fifteen years, he spoke the words that he should have said so long ago. "Thank you, for everything. And sorry for worrying you." He still felt like shit, and would probably continue to blame himself for a while. But at least he could make this person feel better... right?
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: One is the Loneliest Number [Closed]   One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 10:42 am

Midori couldn't tell whether what she was saying was selfish or not. She just wanted him to feel better. She wanted him to understand that he is also important. He was important not only to Kaminari, but to her as well. Whether she'd ever admit it to him, she cared deeply for Dai and would continue to do so whether or not his feelings were ever returned. No matter the manner his or her feelings may change, the amount of care would always be the same. It was a love, a real love that only wished to see him happy. And speaking from the heart like she just had felt like the only way she was going to get through to him. When she asked if he understood and saw him nod, there was more relief in her heart than her had been in years. A smile came to her face, but her lip quivered. She was trying not to cry. As he stood, she covered her eyes and cried into her hands. She felt like a fool and was trying desperately to stop what she felt like was too much for this situation. "I-I'm so-..." she was interrupted when she felt his hand lay gently on her shoulder.

Removing her hands from her face, she peeked up a bit to look at him. She froze as he brought her in, pressing her body against his. A short surprised gasp slipped out through her lips and passed his ear as he wrapped his arms around her. Midori's heart raced as she felt the warmth of his body against her own. "Thank you, for everything. And sorry for worrying you." That was it. Midori's eyes widened for a moment and her body practically fell into him. She threw her arms around his back and began to just cry. Her body trembled greatly, shaking harshly as if she too was not able to handle all of this. She needed it. Over the years, she desperately needed to be able to cry around him. So much pain, worry, hurt that she had held in over the years was just flowing out of her. Finally being allowed to express part of what she needed to helped s lot. Finally, Dai understood how important he was to her.
Back to top Go down
Dai
The Truth in Blue
Dai

PostSubject: Re: One is the Loneliest Number [Closed]   One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:03 am

In fairness, this was not the reaction that he'd expected. For her body to simply collapse in on his like that and for her to start crying, he realized that she must have been holding back a lot of heartache and sadness over the years, simply to watch him be happy. Wait, really? He frowned slightly as she buried her face in his chest, trying to best make sense of what her actions had entailed. The question was on the tip of his tongue, and he wanted to ask it--but he wasn't sure if he could ask it right now. He wasn't sure of anything--of his feelings, of her feelings, of the situation that they'd been placed in... He sighed quietly, closing one eye and biting his bottom lip. "M..." He quieted himself, pulling her in as closely as he could and just closing his eyes, letting this happen. Things would occur as they would occur, he just needed time to understand what would occur.

"Don't... cry." His voice was barely a whisper, crackling at the edges with worry and care. He still wasn't sure what was going on, but he felt like seeing her cry would be a bad idea. He pulled her slightly away from him and reached down, taking her chin underneath his finger and raising her to look up at him. His free hand would attempt to wipe the tears off of her cheeks, and get the bangs out of her eyes. "It's wrong for such a pretty woman to cry like this, especially in front of me." His smile was soft and caring, and he felt himself almost wanting to press his face up towards her. However, the sound of a breaking neck stopped that thought in its tracks. Instead, he was left with the lifeless body of his wife in his vision, taking up everything to do with Midori right in front of him. And in the background of that sound, he heard his wife laughing... standing before him with a cruel grin, attempting to cut the very life out of his chest. He bit his bottom lip and stepped backwards, shaking his head. "S-sorry. Y-you will..." He sighed and stumbled backwards, sitting down on his bed, Daigoro forcing his best smile through the pain, "You will certainly make your lover happy, no matter who you choose." He couldn't accept any more of those thoughts. Not right now.
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: One is the Loneliest Number [Closed]   One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 12:02 pm

He pulled her in closer and only made her feel better. She wanted to stay like this. She wanted to just hold him forever, but all good things must come to an end. He lifted her head and her good thing was about to turn great. She was nervous, excited, curious, and scared all at the same time. She could tell by the look in his eyes that he wanted to kiss her, at least for that moment. It took all she had not to push herself up to engage on that kiss, to continue the quick tease they had a few hours before. Luckily, she did not. He wasn't ready for it and that's what she feared. In fact, staying in that position for as long as they did might have made things worse. Something changed in his eyes. Those eyes she had stared in over the years changed within a mere second. She saw fear and could only guess what his mind traveled to; she had a good guess at that. She would just never ask about it; she never could without feeling horrible. Sure, she had hinted at questions in the past, but not once had she straight out asked him exactly what happened to her.

"S-sorry. Y-you will..." His stuttering worried her. She watched him sit and could immediately spot that forced smile. She stared at him. "You will certainly make your lover happy, no matter who you choose." She stared at him more. She thought he had finally understood how she felt; she was wrong. It was a fully twenty seconds of Midori standing there perfectly still and in silence as she tried to comprehend what had just happened between the two of them. Finally, she blinked and a moment later she pushed up that smile that he saw on her face every single day. She was right back to normal, having once again suppressed what she needed to keep hidden to make sure he was safe. "Thank you!" she said as cheerfully as she usually said everything. She went over and sat next to him on the bed, mentally cursing herself. "Kaminari will return safely. I have one hundred percent confidence in that." she told him with a reassuring smile, "So don't worry too much. They'll bring her back and no one will let them hurt you."

"Why? Why? Why? Why can't you see how much you mean to me...?"
Back to top Go down
Dai
The Truth in Blue
Dai

PostSubject: Re: One is the Loneliest Number [Closed]   One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 12:41 pm

Okay, to the not-so-oblivious, being looked after by someone for fifteen years means a lot. It, for all intents and purposes, tells you that 'HEY, YOU MEAN A FUCKLOAD TO THIS PERSON'. Unfortunately, it wasn't so easy for Daigoro. While he had the intelligence and insight to actually see this in theory, in reality, he was too hung up on what had occurred in his past. In reality, he could not see past the fact that Manae had been killed right in front of him, all while he was too powerless to do anything about it. He didn't want that to happen to Midori. Looking up at her, he could see something change in her face and in her eyes. Had he...? Did she...? He didn't know anymore. The images of Manae finally vanished from his eyes, and all that was left there was Midori. Midori, Midori, Midori. The woman who had been by his side for fifteen years. The woman who had looked after him for all of this time. Why couldn't he see it? What was in the way? Whenever he looked into her eyes, he could see something there, yearning to be let out. Why couldn't he see it?! What was blocking his vision?! Again, Manae's voice entered his mind. Everything was maddening. It was driving him insane! His entire body shook and shivered. "So don't worry too much. They'll bring her back and no one will let them hurt you." His eyes opened up and he got to his feet, turning away from Midori slightly.

"I can't." He knew that he'd get a questioning response, so he continued on, "I can't do it. I know what could happen--I know the potential ramifications. I know what denying direct orders will get me in. So why don't I give a damn?!" He turned around and stared at her, fire burning in his eyes. "She'd do the same for me. I... can't let the second-most important woman in my life just be killed for my sake. If I'm not there, what's to stop them from killing her? I can defend myself." He leaned in, pressing his lips up against Midori's forehead and turned away again, placing his sealed Zanpakutō against his hip and pushing the door open, before looking back at her with a soft smile. "If I don't return, I'm sorry. It's been a wonderful fifteen years." He sighed and turned away, closing the door behind him.

Within a few minutes he was at the Senkaimon. Within a few more, he was through the Dangai. And when he finally breathed the air of Hueco Mundo and placed his feet into the sand, his resolve had already been set.

"Lasciel. I'm going to kill you."
Back to top Go down
SerenityVerdant
Humanity's Queen
SerenityVerdant

PostSubject: Re: One is the Loneliest Number [Closed]   One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 1:28 pm

"I can't." Midori shook her head in confusion, "I don't understa-..." "I can't do it. I know what could happen--I know the potential ramifications. I know what denying direct orders will get me in. So why don't I give a damn?!" Questions were running rapidly through her mind. What couldn't he do? He couldn't wait? He couldn't stay here? He couldn't understand? Her mind was lost, but she did her best to keep up with him. "She'd do the same for me. I... can't let the second-most important woman in my life just be killed for my sake. If I'm not there, what's to stop them from killing her? I can defend myself." It was obvious that he was talking about Kaminari, but second? Why did he say second? She thought that he was referring to his passed wife, but that'd be a little odd. "Dai... I..." she stopped again when he spoke up. She tensed a little bit as he placed a kiss on her forehead. "If I don't return, I'm sorry. It's been a wonderful fifteen years."

"Wh-What...?" she said with widened eyes, placing her hand over her heart. She did not like the way he was talking at all. She felt her heart beginning to race as she watched him turn away from her and head toward the door. "What do I do? What do I do? What do I do? What do I do?" she screamed in her mind. Never had she felt he need to stop him like she had now. She was frozen. Her heart was telling her to stop him now, before he got himself killed. Her head was confused, scared, and not thinking straight at all. "D-Dai." she forced his name out as she stepped forward. She reached out to him as he closed the door, her hand stopping as it came in contact with it. "Oh no..." She had to collect her thoughts. She placed her hand over her mouth, her eyes trembling as horrid thoughts passed through her mind. She had to stop him, but how was she going to be able to? She couldn't tell someone else to go after him. Could she be the one to go after him? No, she wasn't a fighter, but if anything happened to him...

"I refuse..."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One is the Loneliest Number [Closed]   One is the Loneliest Number [Closed] Empty

Back to top Go down

One is the Loneliest Number [Closed]
Page 1 of 1