Bleach: New Horizons
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
New Horizons has moved! Please join us at Bleach: Realm of the Broken Blade!
Staff

Top posters
SerenityVerdant
Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] Vote_lcapStrength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] Voting_barStrength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] Vote_rcap 
Tsubine
Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] Vote_lcapStrength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] Voting_barStrength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] Vote_rcap 
Skididdlypop
Dai
Silim
Fuji Ren
Yuri
Genpaku
JJ
Ravana
Latest topics
» A New Change
Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:57 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Site Poll
Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] EmptyMon Feb 16, 2015 10:56 pm by Tsubine

» Problems
Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 3:41 pm by SerenityVerdant

» Captain of Division 8 (Completed)
Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 7:24 pm by Skididdlypop

» An era of change for the Sugiura~@
Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 9:37 am by Skididdlypop

» Official New Horizon Dungeons & Dragons group!
Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 8:45 pm by Nikana

» Maximillian Jürgen-Haaz
Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 5:04 am by Dai

» Hello Everyone!
Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 10:33 am by Tsubine

» Dai's Claims
Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 5:15 pm by Dai

Quick Links
Rules
The Storyline
Face Claim List
Application Checklist
State of the World
Canon Character Info
Tier List
SPC Information
Race Information
Human Information
Sōnansha Information
Sugiura Information
Templates
Arrancar Template
Human Templates
Quincy Template
Shinigami Template
Sōnansha Templates
Sugiura Templates
Vizard Template
Equipment Template
Organizations
Alpha Protocol
Espada
Gotei 13
Hephaestus Academy
Sugiura Kingdom
Vizard Squadron
Sub-Organizations
Statistics
We have 71 registered users
The newest registered user is Nikana

Our users have posted a total of 4318 messages in 694 subjects
Affiliates

Deus Mortuus, an RPG based around demonology.

Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dai
The Truth in Blue
Dai

Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] Empty
PostSubject: Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring]   Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] EmptyTue Jul 01, 2014 11:24 pm

Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] Rlm4j7

Combat has always been a part of the integral life of the Shinigami. Even those of the Fourth Division who have devoted themselves to medicine and healing are still required to have skills in combat to ensure that they can defend themselves and their medical camps. As a result, Shinigami often have to train themselves to keep up their prowess, even when there does not seem to be a war on the horizon. While Hollow are excellent fodder for killing frequently, they don't offer much in terms of training. Usually, they die in one or two swings--not enough to get proper training out of the way. And while one would be quite happy to go forth and find an Arrancar to fight, nearly dying doesn't exactly constitute a real training session either, especially when you don't learn anything from the fight. No, there were few things that Shinigami could really fight with to train, and one of those things had to be amongst themselves.

Even here, however, it wasn't always easy. The vast power differences between Shinigami could mean that you end up sparring someone as weak as a puppy that you cannot use your full abilities on--or someone that decides that you are a weak puppy. However, Daigoro Ito had already made the decision to stand around and wait for the possibility of having someone to train with. While most people would actively seek out targets, his own mind was set on simply practising repeated swings of his Zanpakutō until someone chanced upon him. Being a Third Seat meant that most people would either look down on him, or look up at him--there was no middle ground that he could see; even most of the other Third Seats looked up at him for some reason. They still had not found a new Vice-Captain here in the Seventh Division, and he wouldn't want to fight someone from within his own Division anyway.

Now, those who did not know Daigoro would probably be slightly confused. If they looked upon him making the swings of his weapon, they would not see a sword in his hands, but an umbrella. That said, each swing of the umbrella looked as fluid and smooth as a swinging Katana. It was unlikely that people would realize this, but the umbrella in his hands could cut--almost anything in his hands could be used as a proper weapon. Each swing was more stable than the last, until he eventually reached his five-hundredth swing and decided to take a minute's break. Approaching the side of the room, he picked up a small canteen and brought it up to his mouth, throwing his head back and taking a long draught from the small metal bottle. Wiping his brow, he looked around to see if anybody had chanced upon him yet.
Back to top Go down
Alastair

Alastair

PostSubject: Re: Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring]   Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 12:32 am

Today was an unusual day for the Ninth Divisions, Vice Captain Alastair Knightfield. Since the loss of his Captain he has been taking over alot of the assignments and various and extensive paperwork and numerous complaints. Well today he wouldnt have to worry about any of that it was his off day and he intended to fully enjoy it away from his barracks. Upon escaping he would walk aimlessly as he did most off days not searching for anything in particular but letting himself be lead to entertainment. He would eventually stumble upon the Seventh Division barracks as well as their outside training field. There he would notice a young man swinging a red umbrella which held a purplish ten that quite effectively damaged the object he was continuously striking with ample force. He decided to wait out disturbing the young man concealing his presence while also figuring out what he wanted to accomplish today. A great smile flashed across his face as he rested his hand on the hilt of his most trusted companion.

As the young man finished his assault of the battered object he would noticed the man search for someone within the area. Deciding to play along Alastair would couch not only revealing his location but also presence to the young man. He would now walk into view of him with a satisfied grin plastered on his face as the first thing the young man would notice was his lieutenant arm band,"Hello there sorry about disrupting your training. I am Alastair Knightfield lieutenant of the Ninth Division. I find myself quite bored on my off day and your umbrella have caught my interest. I guess I am over due for, hmmm any physical activity I would think. May I ask your name lad? Also I know this is sudden but do you think we could have a spar or something? I think we may be able to get away with using any shikai's hehe. I deal with any punishments later." It was true Alastair was becoming quite sluggish in physical activity and needed to refamiliarize him self with fighting another person and or thing. Although we was letting his person wants cloud his judgement which for the first offense would definitely be worth it.
Back to top Go down
Dai
The Truth in Blue
Dai

PostSubject: Re: Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring]   Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 1:26 am

"Hello there, sorry about disrupting your training. I am Alastair Knightfield, Lieutenant of the Ninth Division." he slowly turned to fully face the man, placing one hand on his hip while holding the umbrella over his shoulder with the other. His eyes were first drawn towards the Lieutenant's armband on his, well, arm. Wasn't that something? Breathing out, he cricked his neck and rolled his shoulders. "I find myself quite bored on my off day and your umbrella has caught my interest. I guess I am overdue for, hmmm, any physical activity I would think." Dai let out a small chuckle and looked to the side for a moment, "I see," he began, but quieted himself for the next sentence from the newcomer, "May I ask your name lad?" He let out a breath and adjusted his stance slightly. He wasn't trying to give off any kind of aggression, but he needed to be sure that what was about to happen, was going to happen. Also, he didn't particularly like this guy's tone--'lad' irritated him. Only a little, mind you, but it still definitely irritated him. "Daigoro Ito; Third Seat, Seventh Division."

"Also, I know this is sudden, but do you think we could have a spar or something? I think we may be able to get away with using any shikai's, hehe. I'll deal with any punishments later." He sighed and dropped the tip of the umbrella from his shoulder, to the ground. "Well, I'm more of a defensive fighter--but I don't see any problems with just having a little spar," A small grin would alight his face, "And as for the release of Shikai? What people don't know, won't hurt them." He chuckled to himself, wandering towards the centre of the room and swinging the umbrella around a bit, testing out its weight. It looked, quite frankly, to be the most unwieldy weapon possible--and yet, for some reason or another, it wasn't that. He looked over at Alastair for a second, watching his movements and waiting for him to move to the centre of the room as well. Something in his chest ached for the fight, but he put that on the backburner while he waited.
Back to top Go down
Alastair

Alastair

PostSubject: Re: Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring]   Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] EmptyWed Jul 02, 2014 2:05 am

"Daigoro Ito; Third Seat, Seventh Division." Alastair would paused into his next sentence, "Well nice to meet you, Daigoro Ito. Also sorry about being so straight forward. I tend to get carried away when something interest me. Alastair continued to listen to the young man describe things about himself, "Well, I'm more of a defensive fighter--but I don't see any problems with just having a little spar... And as for the release of Shikai? What people don't know wont hurt them." " He began to process the information in which was nice to know seeing as how Daigoro felt the same way Alastair did made him quite happy which reciprocated a large smile on his face, "Well, defensive fighter hehe. Maybe we can start off with slight Hakuda spar and word our way up. Also true not knowing anything wont kill anyone so we should keep this a secret Ito-san.

Letting a small chuckle slip from his mouth he would follow Daigoro to the center of the room, "If I fight that weapon off the bat I will surely be defeated I need a slight warm up spar."Alastair would began to stretch out his body loosing his shoulder joint and calf muscles to prepare for the upcoming spar. He would raise his fist shuffling from the left and right as to show off for his companion, "So would you be up for that?"
Back to top Go down
Dai
The Truth in Blue
Dai

PostSubject: Re: Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring]   Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] EmptyThu Jul 03, 2014 10:15 pm

"Well, defensive fighter hehe. Maybe we can start off with slight Hakuda spar and word our way up. Also true not knowing anything wont kill anyone so we should keep this a secret Ito-san. Daigoro shook his head, sighing softly and looking to the side. This could get them both in a pretty hefty amount of trouble--possibly that guy more than he, due to the rank disparity. That said, Daigoro could feel his spiritual energies, and they didn't really feel as high up the ladder as his. That could pose a problem if it got into a situation where they both just needed pure spiritual horsepower to endure each others' attacks. He looked back over at Alastair and sighed, [color=red]"I don't see why not. Hakuda isn't exactly my strong point, but I have decent enough training in it to at least hold my own. "If I fight that weapon off the bat I will surely be defeated I need a slight warm up spar." "Heh, a Lieutenant being defeated by a sealed Zanpakutō? Wouldn't that be a sight for the ages." He hooked the umbrella up on his back and closed his eyes, letting his breath enter his body as he changed his stance with a slow maneuver. It was nothing like fighting with a weapon in his hands; but maybe he could simulate it to give himself a better fighting chance?

"So would you be up for that?" He opened one eye and smirked, "Of course." Stepping forwards, Daigoro started to make his moves, sending a quick jab at Alastair's body--he wasn't sure how well this guy moved, so he needed to be certain that any moves he made were at least here to test out his reflexes. At the same time, he kept his feet apart and in a defensive position, lowering his centre of gravity in order to keep his footing in case of emergency. Daigoro, in this situation, did not move very quickly. He was deliberate and only used the amount of power he needed to--not having much raw physical strength or speed meant that he needed to rely on pure technique to win this spar.
Back to top Go down
Alastair

Alastair

PostSubject: Re: Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring]   Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] EmptySat Jul 05, 2014 2:32 am

"I don't see why not. Hakuda isn't exactly my strong point, but I have decent enough training in it to at least hold my own " Alastair would nod in agreement with Daigoro, "Well neither am I although it well be a good start to get the spiritual juices flowing should I say."A smile flashed across his face as he finished his stretching exercises, "Heh, a Lieutenant being defeated by a sealed Zanpakutō? Wouldn't that be a sight for the ages." Removing the blade from his hip he would swing it in a circular motion before ultimately laying it against a boulder, "Heheh, thats the downside of not having a Captain. Also being lazy when you do have the opportunity to go train when you do... Stalker-san Bengazi has been on my back about it." Alastair was in definite need of training he even heard now the crys of his Zanpakutō yearning for battle and to strengthen their wills together. "Of course.""Well, then let thw games beg-"

Before finishing his sentence Alastair noticed Daigoro making his move towards him. This is where his nickname the Analyst came into play. He would read the body movements of his opponent followed up by the extension of his arm and wrist causing him to punch forward with towards his abdominal area. Within a moments notice Alastair would leap backwards just without of the reach of the punch. His next movement would be an offensive feat of his own. Lunging forward he would now aim for the same arm which sought to hit him. Releasing his left fist he aimed for the center of the arm with enough force to leave behind a stinging pain which would linger throughout the duration of this Hakuda spar, "So what will you counter with young third seat?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring]   Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring] Empty

Back to top Go down

Strength and Discipline [Open; Sparring]
Page 1 of 1